Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 Round2 Car Kit Releases

Casey

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I could swear I've seen the box, either in hobby shops back in the day or on the Net, but I carefully googled for it today and could find neither a kit box nor any mention of a kit. So I guess you and I must both be "misremembering" such a thing. :wacko:

Maybe your heads are thinking of this?  Similar “look”...

I don’t think there was ever a Cosworth in scale...

3C6CB096-BAA9-44C8-A52D-A0B288C20BF8.jpeg

That would be an interesting way to update the Vega kit, depending, of course on how much effort would be involved to tooling up the necessary extra parts.     Off the top of my head, that would be a set of wheels, and a Cosworth head and associated plumbing.

Anyone remember if the Cosworth Vega had any other special parts?

On 11/22/2018 at 8:27 AM, Erik Smith said:

Maybe your heads are thinking of this?  Similar “look”...

I don’t think there was ever a Cosworth in scale...

3C6CB096-BAA9-44C8-A52D-A0B288C20BF8.jpeg

Not my favorite Capri. ? But, if Round 2 ever chooses to reissue it I'd buy one. Slightly off subject, but it is still a mystery to me why the Mk I Capri was never done in 1/25 (or 1/24) scale? 

55 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Not my favorite Capri. ? But, if Round 2 ever chooses to reissue it I'd buy one. Slightly off subject, but it is still a mystery to me why the Mk I Capri was never done in 1/25 (or 1/24) scale? 

Welly does a 1/24 diecast, but it's the Euro version with rectangular headlights.  I've seen it in 3D and it looks pretty good.

https://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/1969-ford-capri-red-1-24-1-27-diecast-model-car-by-welly/

Edited by Snake45

1 hour ago, unclescott58 said:

The Mk I was done in 1/24 by Doyusha (kit NH-18). It is a 1973 Euro-spec lower end (no power bulge) curbside. I've heard that it was intended for slot-car use, but includes a chassis and shallow interior.

https://goo.gl/images/dR7r1i

I think I have one of these in the stash, though I think it might be a different boxing. It always looked a bit small to me, though not as small as 1/32. This listing calls it 1/28, which might be about right. I bought it cheap off a Squadron Shop "odds and ends" sale table at some point, IIRC. 

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/24-otaki-motorized-ford-mercury-capri-1824457325

On 11/17/2018 at 12:29 AM, Richard Bartrop said:

The wheel and tire pack has my interest.  Depending on what they look like, of course.

Considering Round2's pattern of creating all-new wheels and/or tires, including them in kits, then offering them as a separate parts pack, I expect much the same for these. Which recently reissued or soon to be reissued AMT or MPC kits have all-new wheels and "custom caps"?

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Considering Round2's pattern of creating all-new wheels and/or tires, including them in kits, then offering them as a separate parts pack, I expect much the same for these. Which recently reissued or soon to be reissued AMT or MPC kits have all-new wheels and "custom caps"?

A few days ago, Round2 posted on Facebook box art for an AMT-branded reissue of the '34 Ford pickup. It was based on the original issue, but the wheels were changed to some chrome steel wheels with a "bullet" center. A friend said they looked similar to what was in the original-issue Ala-Kart kit. Maybe that's what's going to be in this parts pack?

1 hour ago, Don Sikora II said:

A few days ago, Round2 posted on Facebook box art for an AMT-branded reissue of the '34 Ford pickup. It was based on the original issue, but the wheels were changed to some chrome steel wheels with a "bullet" center. A friend said they looked similar to what was in the original-issue Ala-Kart kit. Maybe that's what's going to be in this parts pack?

That's my guess. The newly retooled Ala Kart wheels from the Mod Rod. 

FB_IMG_1543033449812.jpg

12 hours ago, russosborne said:

Is that 34 Ford Truck the old Lindberg/older AMT kit?

I've got 3 of the Lindberg versions, one to build each of the box top versions. Now I have to get more when these come out. :lol:

Thanks,

Russ

This was AMT's kit in the summer of 1963 Russ. , had the mold not gotten damaged , Linburg wouldn't have gotten the 1943 Ford at a bargain . To summ this up, the 1934 Ford truck has come full circle ....

6 hours ago, Eshaver said:

This was AMT's kit in the summer of 1963 Russ. , had the mold not gotten damaged , Linburg wouldn't have gotten the 1943 Ford at a bargain . To summ this up, the 1934 Ford truck has come full circle ....

So is this a good kit to buy if I want to build it stock?

23 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

That's my guess. The newly retooled Ala Kart wheels from the Mod Rod. 

FB_IMG_1543033449812.jpg

This is a big one I've been waiting for. Back where it belongs, under the AMT banner. This ones a big "for sure" buy for me. I love those early AMT Trophy kits. Especially back with their original style box art work, and close to their original content. An easy way to get money from me. 

8 hours ago, alexis said:

Box Art for the new kit does not show the stake bed. Probably need to open the new kit, before we know for sure. I'll need one just for the grins, if nothing else. I've got plenty of the Lindberg versions, but just to have it in an AMT box will be great.

My guess is straight reissue of the Lindberg kit with Ala Kart wheels and pad printed tires tossed in and an expanded decal sheet. What you probably wont see are the tire rack, gas cans, concrete blocks, trophy, and fire extinguisher.

amt-1934-ford-truck-34-pickup-nicely_1_e097cf7dae81a2b7e8772acec8f20c0f (1).jpg

amt-1934-ford-truck-34-pickup-nicely_1_e097cf7dae81a2b7e8772acec8f20c0f.jpg

Edited by Dave Darby

52 minutes ago, Dave Darby said:

What you probably wont see are the tire rack, gas cans, concrete blocks, trophy, and fire extinguisher.

Why not? The original kit came with those items. And seeing how Round 2 has done previous reissues, they seem to give us more stuff, rather less. I sur hope we get everything we got in the original version of this kit. If they throw in the stake bed, which was not in the original, that would okay too. But that I'm not expecting that. 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, Snake45 said:

I could swear I've seen the box, either in hobby shops back in the day or on the Net, but I carefully googled for it today and could find neither a kit box nor any mention of a kit. So I guess you and I must both be "misremembering" such a thing. :wacko:

You're not alone in remembering a 1/25 scale 1976 Cosworth Vega , as I seem to recall that either MPC (most-likely) or Revell (less-likely) produced one . I'm leaning toward an MPC issue ; a mid-1976 issue (like the 1971 Duster-Demon annual kit ) . Considering that I was 6 years of age when the Cosworth was new ; and considering that I was really starting on glue kits in 1976 , I'm certain that I've seen a kit of the Cosworth .

Now we just need to find an image of the box art .

10 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Why not? The original kit came with those items. And seeing how Round 2 has done previous reissues, they seem to give us more stuff, rather less. I sur hope we get everything we got in the original version of this kit. If they throw in the stake bed, which was not in the original, that would okay too. But that I'm not expecting that. 

Not saying it wont. Those parts disappeared with the Street Rods issue. But my guess is they went away permanently to make room in the tool for the stake bed. And my bet is the stake bed will be included this time too.

1 hour ago, 1972coronet said:

You're not alone in remembering a 1/25 scale 1976 Cosworth Vega , as I seem to recall that either MPC (most-likely) or Revell (less-likely) produced one . I'm leaning toward an MPC issue ; a mid-1976 issue (like the 1971 Duster-Demon annual kit ) . Considering that I was 6 years of age when the Cosworth was new ; and considering that I was really starting on glue kits in 1976 , I'm certain that I've seen a kit of the Cosworth .

Now we just need to find an image of the box art .

No Cosworth Vega kit, at least not in 1/24 or 1/25 scale from AMT, MPC, Revell, or Monogram.