Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby Summer 19 clearance

My local Hobby Lobby put a bunch of models on clearance this week. Mostly AMT stuff. This is good news for a couple reasons. Obviously, cheap kits (most are $7.49). But also, clears room for new releases. At least at my HL seems like new Round2 and Revell releases havn't shown up in months. 

Anyway, here's the list. Your store may vary.

Round 2 (AMT/MPC/Lindberg)

23 Ford Delivery Coca Cola

57 Chrysler

57 Chevy Pepper Shaker

58 edsel

62 Catalina Polyglas

65 El Camino Gear Hustler

66 Lincoln

66 Fairlane

66 Mercury

70 Monte Carlo

75 Datsun pickup

86 El Camino

Plymouth Prowler

IH Scout SSII

Jeep Commando Mount n Goat

1/16 Honda Super Hawk

Revell:

1/32 Mack Fire Truck

66 Chevy Suburban- I can't confirm this, didn't see it with my own eyes. I was told by another club member. My HL didn't have any left

Edited by Mr. Metallic

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

I got a Suburban kit there on closeout last year, haven't seen any there since.

Hmm, I wonder if the store manager just clearanced them when Hobbico  went under? Once restocks came through earlier this year both of my local HL's have had them since (until yesterday)

15 hours ago, Vince Nemanic said:

Just was at our store this morning. Nothing on sale.

I have two stores, both about the same distance from my house. The first one I started this post about obviously had the clearance, but the other one when i stopped in yesterday, did not have the clearance. Either someone is slacking, or the clearance is at the store managers discretion.

Just got back from Deerfield; here's what I spotted.

$7.49: Plymouth Prowler, Mountain Goat, Edsel, IH Scout, '86 El Camino, '70 Monte Carlo, Honda CB77, '57 Chrysler 300, AMT 3-in-1 Boat.

$6.99: Lindberg '59 Owens Cabin Cruiser

$4.99: Revell Snap-Tite Mack Fire Engine Pumper

I was really hoping for the Soap Box Derby El Camino; oh well. Didn't buy any kits but I got a Model Master Train Colors set marked down to $6.24 and some Excel #20 curved blades for 74¢.

2 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

I was really hoping for the Soap Box Derby El Camino; oh well. Didn't buy any kits but I got a Model Master Train Colors set marked down to $6.24 and some Excel #20 curved blades for 74¢.

The El Camino kits were cleared out last time around, maybe even before that.  

The stores in my area cleared out the '68 El Camino kits awhile back.  I don't remember if I bought one (probably not) but I do remember seeing them at the reduced price, and not seeing them there since.  

Mine had three or four, so I guess someone cleaned them out of all the good stuff. The only one of even marginal interest to me was the '65 Lincoln, so I got one just so it wouldn't be a wasted trip. Also got a Hobby Boss 1/72 F6F Hellcat for $2.49. Not often these days you can still buy two brand-new model kits for $10. :unsure:

I picked up Scout 2, Suburban, Mountain Goat and Chevy El Camino Gear Hustler for $7.49 and 2 Mack fire truck kits For $4.99.at Henderson, NV. Hobby Lobby today. There sere several cars kit left but I don't do cars.

Edited by ROY FERGUSON

Along with the kits already listed, my local Hobby Lobby had the Round 2 Mack DM-600 truck for $11.49.  That's a real steal, the regular HL price sticker on it was $45.99.  I couldn't resist grabbing that one, plus a Mount'n Goat and Scout II for $7.49 each. 

Thanks for the heads up. I scored 2 IH Scout SS kits (yea, I have a thing for Scouts, lol),  another Jeep Commando, and a Datsun pickup kit tonight at the local HL. Might run back tomorrow and get the 3 in 1 boat and a 65 El Camino. They did have the 66 Suburban on sale too, but I have a few of those already. I won't be too greedy and leave some for everyone else, lol?. Good hunting.

Jeff