Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Daddy "Ed Roth" megapost.

Vincent631

I can’t speak for the rest of them, but the Mysterion I have built in the past and to describe it as challenging, would be an understatement. 
Great job on a fine collection of significant show rods. You have two more to go. 

I went through a Roth period.   I built the Outlaw, Beatnik Bandit, Beatnik Bandit 2.   I have built the Tweedy Pie as one of the reissues that isn't Roth correct.  I have a Road Agent but think parts are lost.  Also have a Mysterion in the tin that I'll probably never get too.   Nice little kits and tough to build nicely.  Yours look great!

Very nice work!  As said, those were fiddly kits.  Very hard to get a credible model from them!

image.png.10682edb1b88b8f3f0ec18080ff99848.png

I'll offer up my Surfite to add to your set.  I didn't bring it to Liars because I couldn't find the surf board.

I built this one right after the kit was reissued.  There was a lot of fit issues, lots of ejector pin and mold lines to clean up. I swore off any more Roth cars after this one!

You should be proud. I always appreciate seeing built Roth models. You now have a great collection. I had an ambition to build them all and had the kits and a couple of books about Roth's creations. But I am sad to say I have built none. Have started a Bandit and determined to some day complete it as it is my  all time favorite.

• 3 months later...