Model Cars Magazine Forum

At Walmart (at least one store)

I reached out to their customer service through their website and they got back to asking for more product information.  I sent the pic of the shipper and the brand name of the models that would be in there.  Three weeks went by and I poked them for an update.  They again responded promptly but said for specific product info, I would have to call each store.  Great idea if you can get someone to ANSWER the phone let alone find someone in a department that can answer a question

image.jpeg.b93f0f41dffce66b0a507fab908b7ded.jpeg

• Like 1

My local Walmart I frequent to still had some left. No more Grumpy’s Vega or ‘69 Ford Torino Cobra Fastback kits. Mainly ‘67 and ‘70 Chevelles, ‘66 Nova Pro Street, ‘57, ‘64 & ‘67 Impala SS, Sonoma Truck, Deserter 4x4 truck, GMC Blazer(?), a few Coca Cola edition kits, Semi trucks, Sci fi kits, and couple others I can5 remember what they were. Definitely no more Nova wagon kits.

2 hours ago, ewetwo said:

I see the photo above and the Walmarts around me do not carry books either.

If your Walmart sell magazines, books/novels are nearby. Depends on where your magazines are displayed, you will find the novels/books. Some stores displays them up front by registers, others by electronics.

Woo-hoo!  Stopped by WM today and they had the Round 2 aisle display.  First time ever in this store (Seneca, SC).  The kits seemed to be selling well, lots of empty space in the display.  I got the last '63 Nova wagon and '65 GTO.  The store still had the '60 Ranchero, Western Star, Snow Plow, the 1/32 T-Bird and some others.

Even better:  the price on the aisle display for those kits was $24.97.  But when I checked out, the price I paid was $19.97 each.

I guess I'll have to take a trip to WM and see if any models have shown up.  When I look up model kits on the WM site they are all shipped from somewhere and the prices are just way to high.  I probably wouldn't pay $40-$60 for one of their kits.  What are the prices on the kits you fellow are seeing?