Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 69 chevelle in ruby red

happy grumpy

I don't know if the kit is accurate but it builds quite well. Stock from the box. This my second model using the ALCLAD system. Silver base coat, ruby red transparent paint and cleared with aqua gloss clear. Not as easy as Tamiya TS spray cans but I like how it turned out. The only thing is that it attracts dust like no other paint I've ever used before. As soon as I took the photos, it's back in the sealed cabinet.

chevy 1969 chevelle 06.jpg

chevy 1969 chevelle 07.jpg

chevy 1969 chevelle 08.jpg

chevy 1969 chevelle 09.jpg

chevy 1969 chevelle 10.jpg

chevy 1969 chevelle 11.jpg

chevy 1969 chevelle 12.jpg

chevy 1969 chevelle 13.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

1 hour ago, landman said:

Je suis jaloux de la peinture. Something to look up to for me who can't seem to paint anuthing right. And please, tell us about the background in the first few photos.

The background ( or the garage as I call it ) sits right under my TV and is used as, either a background when I take pictures or as a display case . Covered with a removable plexiglass cover when I need the set up. It is made of foam board , corrugated cardboard found in craft stores and clear dvd covers cut to size for the doors. Behind the doors are photographs place at 4 inches from the door to create depth. Next summer I will take outside shots, it is still my favorite background.

here is a low quality wider angle shot  taken with my old phone. 

As for paints, If you haven't already give Tamiya spray lacquer a try, they are very forgiving and give really good results.

Au revoir et merci pour les bons mots 😉

20210611_173723.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happy grumpy said:

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

The background ( or the garage as I call it ) sits right under my TV and is used as, either a background when I take pictures or as a display case . Covered with a removable plexiglass cover when I need the set up. It is made of foam board , corrugated cardboard found in craft stores and clear dvd covers cut to size for the doors. Behind the doors are photographs place at 4 inches from the door to create depth. Next summer I will take outside shots, it is still my favorite background.

here is a low quality wider angle shot  taken with my old phone. 

As for paints, If you haven't already give Tamiya spray lacquer a try, they are very forgiving and give really good results.

Au revoir et merci pour les bons mots 😉

Thank you. It sures does the job., i may have to make something like that.