Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Impala SS

espo

This is an AMT '62 Impala SS kit that I built OOB style. I have been away from the work bench for just over a year, so this is my way of working out some of the cobwebs. The body is painted with Model Master Phoenicia Yellow and Ultra Clear.  For the interior I used Model Master Lt. Ivory and Tamiya Dark Earth trim and Tamiya Flat Clear.  The floors are done in Ken's Fuzzi-Fur. The chassis has Tamiya Matt Black and Semi-Gloss for some of the suspension components. 

img 1 jpeg.jpg

IMG_1697Rjpeg.jpg

IMG_1698Rjpeg.jpg

• Like 3

Great job on the ragtop David, especially your colour choices for the body and interior. The interior is beautifully executed, a real bonus for a top down car. Fabulous ride overall, I would certainly enjoy cruising in your Chevy.

Cheers Misha 

17 minutes ago, Misha said:

Great job on the ragtop David, especially your colour choices for the body and interior. The interior is beautifully executed, a real bonus for a top down car. Fabulous ride overall, I would certainly enjoy cruising in your Chevy.

Cheers Misha 

IMG_1681jpeg.thumb.jpg.3a3567799d35f7149b857c9f3e5d08dc.jpg

• Like 1

Great looking build and I like the interior color combination. 

When I got back into modeling three years ago (after about a twenty plus year hiatus) this kit was the first one I built. And a very nice kit I might add. 

20 hours ago, Peter Lombardo said:

Very well done, I love the colors on this and how well they go together.  very sharp.

1 hour ago, Jim B said:

Nicely done.

Thankyou. I wasn't sure about the color but found a couple of convertibles looking on Google done this

20 hours ago, Peter Lombardo said:

Very well done, I love the colors on this and how well they go together.  very sharp.

17 hours ago, bisc63 said:

That's a real beauty of a stock 62. Very nicely done!

17 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!

16 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

I wasn't aware you were away from building for a year.   You did great on the '62. What a cool 1:1 that would be with the 409/4-speed.

way, so I went with it.  This last year was a time of downsizing and having to build a new modeling room in the basement. I have tried to keep up with what everyone else has been building. Now I hope to get back to contributing g as well. 

16 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Well done.

16 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Great looking build and I like the interior color combination. 

When I got back into modeling three years ago (after about a twenty plus year hiatus) this kit was the first one I built. And a very nice kit I might add. 

16 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Nicely done.

13 hours ago, Kah puts said:

Oh my, that looks marvelous. 

12 hours ago, charger74 said:

It looks beautiful 

12 hours ago, Doug 1061 said:

Looks like your skills didn't leave you.  That turned out nice.  Don't know if that is a factory color on that car but it shoulda been.

3 hours ago, Tom99 said:

Nice!

2 hours ago, Zippi said:

That's a good looking Impala Dave.  Love that 409 setting in the business end.  Great job.

2 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Sweet looking old Chevy! The color suits it well. 👍

2 hours ago, Jim B said:

Nicely done.

Thankyou all for your kind words.