Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelers - In Memorium

Xingu

10 hours ago, peter31a said:

It was reported on Facebook tonight that Donn Yost passed away in May. The obituary was included in the post so I believe this is fact.

The obituary was apparently a fake AI created thing and it soon disappeared, and friends of Donn posted that it is not true. 

10 hours ago, Zoom Zoom said:

The obituary was apparently a fake AI created thing and it soon disappeared, and friends of Donn posted that it is not true. 

Yes, found this out today. I regret passing along misinformation. My apologies to the community.

16 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Pryor also mentioned this to me.  All I could think of was his tall, really big smile, his great sense of humor, and his willingness to set out on his own (not flow with the crowd) on whatever the subject might be.  Dave was one in a million and those of us who knew him were blessed to be in his presence. 

Rest in peace, Dave, and our condolences to Linda and Jenny....TIM  

Dave Hill an extraordinary model builder and hot rod. Always did versions of hot rods that should have been. Also was an early adopted of digital art to create his concept.

RIP Dave. My condolences to his family and friends.

Apparently Donn Yost has, now, passed away. 

I never got the chance to hang out with Donn, which I really regret - but I enjoyed his tutorial videos, learned a bunch, and admired his amazing skill at laying down a paint job.

A real loss to the community.  A coupla three of his builds linked below:

2 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Apparently Donn Yost has, now, passed away. 

I never got the chance to hang out with Donn, which I really regret - but I enjoyed his tutorial videos, learned a bunch, and admired his amazing skill at laying down a paint job.

A real loss to the community.  A coupla three of his builds linked below:

Yes, apparently it's official.

A gentleman on Facebook confirmed from Don's girlfriend that he has in fact passed.

Steve

• bobthehobbyguy changed the title to Donn Yost RIP model painting guru and model builder expert
On 9/4/2023 at 7:41 PM, bobthehobbyguy said:

One of many tributes to Donn Yost.

That’s a really great tribute - I enjoyed the compilation of clips of him speaking about modeling, and seeing some of his work that I hadn’t seen before.  Thanks for posting that 

• 1 month later...

We are not getting younger. I had a major health scare in 2016, massive heart attack and emergency bypass. Today I am in better shape by far, I was at my heart doctor yesterday for an echo test and to go over blood work. Everything is good. 

One of our recent club newsletters there was a blurb about those we lost. Past Presidents, other officials too. We have an award that goes out at our contest. On it is many that have passed over the years. We are going to need a bigger trophy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mike Alvarez passed. He was a great person and builder. 1/43 was his scale. I started building around 14 years ago and the first NNL West I attended he introduced himself and showed me around for a couple of hours. Rest in peace sir . 

IMG_9740.jpeg

IMG_9741.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...