Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelers - In Memorium

Xingu

Al Auth has passed on. Many will remember him for his enthusiastic nature of hotrods both 1:1 and scale models. Proficient modeler and co-founder of the Ravenna Model Car Club he mastered many items for area resin casters. Some will remember if from his newspaper delivery bag, he shouldered at every swap and show he attended. If you ever had the opportunity to talk cars with Al you quickly learned just how much he loved them, from his Street Rod Chevy to his model bench, he had a wide range of automobile parts, magazines, kits, resin pieces tools and knowledge. He was an Army Vet, Father and Husband. I will remember him as my friend. RIP and breathe easy, Al...

Edited by James2
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Al was and always be a true friend indeed, loved hearing his stories of the past of all his "car" days and he was always there with some helpful advice whether it was a model issue or 1:1 performance tip, but you know one thing I really am gonna miss..... The Monday before the club meeting courtesy call "Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Mike!!, what'sssssssss happenin'...it's Al' .....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 9:13 PM, Jim B said:

It is with a heavy heart that I inform the Truck Modeling Community of the passing of Gary Wallace of GW Trucks.  Gary was one of my "truck model friends", as my wife calls you guys.  I had the pleasure to know him, and go to his show in Fulton, NY, several times.  He was a big name in the truck modeling community here in Central New York, and I know several of you guys have used his products.  He will be missed.  Here is a link to his obituary from the Oswego County Today:

Gary Wallace – Oswego County Today

And now you know as much as I do.  I only learned about this today from a couple other mutual friends.

wow,i have not built a truck model in about 7 years,but he was my go to guy for resin parts,met him at a few shows,great guy! rip

• 3 weeks later...

So sorry to hear about Roger, I had seen the obituary and hoped it wasn't him.  I did not know him personally, but his work on here was most impressive and inspirational. My deepest condolences to his wife and family.  Below is a link to a Fotki album with all his finished builds that were posted on here.  

https://public.fotki.com/larman/model-cars-by-model/

On 3/10/2023 at 1:46 PM, larman said:

So sorry to hear about Roger, I had seen the obituary and hoped it wasn't him.  I did not know him personally, but his work on here was most impressive and inspirational. My deepest condolences to his wife and family.  Below is a link to a Fotki album with all his finished builds that were posted on here.  

https://public.fotki.com/larman/model-cars-by-model/

thanks for the post, he built a lot of great stuff, very creative...

On 3/9/2023 at 8:31 AM, Flatout said:

January 4th Roger Hayes, aka Plowboy passed away.  https://www.lakesfuneralhomemckee.com/obituaries/Roger-Dale-Hayes?obId=26835242

I always enjoyed following what Roger was working on…he had keen eye when it came to body shapes and proportions.

RIP Roger.

71D4B7BA-3D7D-4F2C-B28F-5C5C0EF73693.jpeg

F7746AED-A099-4D88-8326-3255B930D826.jpeg

3072D9C8-405F-462F-8682-956800CF2645.jpeg

D2924992-B12A-4C48-A973-B9D2B5CE2114.jpeg

69A96551-5818-4A13-8756-19EC87B21BF2.jpeg

FDBA845D-5ED3-4F90-9B92-1EAB3D15EE5E.jpeg

I just saw this... So sad to hear this Roger was a great guy and a fantastic builder I had the pleasure of trading with him several times. A great all around guy.. Rip Roger

• 2 weeks later...

It's my sad duty to say that a south central PA long time modeler, Charlie Warner has passed away on Monday, March 27, 2023. He was 73 years old. He was one of the founding members of the Central Pennsylvania Model Car Club.

Charlie befriended me and took me under his wing when I joined CPMCC about 15 years ago. He and I would swap ziploc bags of junk parts at the meetings, after sorting through all of the goodies we would want for ourselves. I swear it was his life mission to buy every '40 Ford kit or part he would come across. 

He was a good friend and will be missed.

Jeff "Goose" Herrman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Lee Kirchner, aka Keyser, passed in February.  "Keyser" was a frequent participant on the board with a novel sense of humor and who I considered a dear friend.

Obituary information for Lee C. Kirchner (porterloring.com)

I will miss him greatly. He was always a voice of reason and intelligence on the forum.

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2023 at 8:31 AM, Flatout said:

January 4th Roger Hayes, aka Plowboy passed away.  https://www.lakesfuneralhomemckee.com/obituaries/Roger-Dale-Hayes?obId=26835242

I always enjoyed following what Roger was working on…he had keen eye when it came to body shapes and proportions.

RIP Roger.

71D4B7BA-3D7D-4F2C-B28F-5C5C0EF73693.jpeg

F7746AED-A099-4D88-8326-3255B930D826.jpeg

3072D9C8-405F-462F-8682-956800CF2645.jpeg

D2924992-B12A-4C48-A973-B9D2B5CE2114.jpeg

69A96551-5818-4A13-8756-19EC87B21BF2.jpeg

FDBA845D-5ED3-4F90-9B92-1EAB3D15EE5E.jpeg

Mister Hayes was a true gentleman, always willing to share his expertise on fabulous paint jobs. He was the master of subtle creations, 

each with the perfect rake or stance. He'll be missed. 

CT

• 3 weeks later...

We just lost former LIARS president Rich Argus a couple of weeks back, he had been in declining health for a while. He was exposed to Agent Orange during his Vietnam War deployment.

Rich was known for his dioramas and was working on some recently on his good days.

At the past NNL East I had learned that we lost Barry Fadden from the Classic Plastic NH club and Tommy Kortman from NJ.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, blunc said:

Brad Norgaard, of Phoenix, AZ has passed away.

Active with the model car community in Arizona, he will be greatly missed.

365993201_3122756671359296_6276520224607

Brad attended his first GSL last May. He was thrilled to no end by winning two classes with his Carney Wagon and with his Travel Trailer 'Gone Fishing' diorama. He also participated in the Lynx Project by constructing detailing parts (tons of shelving units, etc.) for the garage, warehouse, and Motorworks dioramas. He created the artwork for the Lost Lynx Motorworks shop diorama.

Brad was the official art and design director for the Desert Scale Classic for the past 11 years. Our '34 Ford logo is one of his creations.  He worked DSC events and served as one of our judges.  

He was an incredible modeler!  His street rods, altereds, gassers, and dioramas were masterpieces. 

And he was a good friend. 

RIP, Brad.

We learned today that Mike Scott passed away on July 27th after a three year battle with cancer. Mike won an award at this year's GSL, and his T-Bucket will be featured in the next issue of MCM. 

His obituary can be found here.

Our condolences to his family and friends. 

Edited by Dave Ambrose
Added obit

On 8/6/2023 at 12:59 AM, Danno said:

Brad attended his first GSL last May. He was thrilled to no end by winning two classes with his Carney Wagon and with his Travel Trailer 'Gone Fishing' diorama. He also participated in the Lynx Project by constructing detailing parts (tons of shelving units, etc.) for the garage, warehouse, and Motorworks dioramas. He created the artwork for the Lost Lynx Motorworks shop diorama.

Brad was the official art and design director for the Desert Scale Classic for the past 11 years. Our '34 Ford logo is one of his creations.  He worked DSC events and served as one of our judges.  

He was an incredible modeler!  His street rods, altereds, gassers, and dioramas were masterpieces. 

And he was a good friend. 

RIP, Brad.

I had drinks with him in the hotel room at GSL.  He was super nice, appreciated the short moments I spent with him.  RIP 😪

• bobthehobbyguy changed the title to Donn Yost RIP model painting guru and model builder expert