Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL-XXVIII COMMON KIT BUILD '29 FORD XPU

• Dave Ambrose changed the title to GSL-XXVIII COMMON KIT BUILD '29 FORD XPU

it looked great in person!

One observation voiced by more than one builder at this event, with so much talent on display...no one envied the job the judges had to do (it was rumored that it took eleven hours for the judging to be complete).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 7:21 PM, Kit Karson said:

An outstanding number of '29 Roadsters were on the table behind the Slice & Dice Duo...

526119483_20230505_092002(2).jpg.ac66d8f3ab95ff1863b4774c3842d181.jpg

104597173_20230505_112715(2).thumb.jpg.eeea089c038ce362af2b38b3835f010d.jpg

Like the injected Lincoln V-12, I remember one of my friends in grade school had an older brother that ran one of engines in a dirt track super modified against the Chevy  small blocks, didn't win anything but it sure sounded different and was a great crowd favorite.

I'm curious about that lavender Roadster on the turntable, what kind of engine is in that? It almost looks like an Offy, or heaven forbid a Jag.... in a Model A??😉

On 5/22/2023 at 6:17 PM, horsepower said:

Like the injected Lincoln V-12, I remember one of my friends in grade school had an older brother that ran one of engines in a dirt track super modified against the Chevy  small blocks, didn't win anything but it sure sounded different and was a great crowd favorite.

I'm curious about that lavender Roadster on the turntable, what kind of engine is in that? It almost looks like an Offy, or heaven forbid a Jag.... in a Model A??😉

Tim took great pics of all of 'em! -KK