Model Cars Magazine Forum

In memory of Plowboy

Hello all. This is Heather, I had the pleasure of calling Plowboy my Dad. I don’t know much about model cars, besides the fact that my Dad was incredible, but he was truly incredible at everything he did. As more and more time goes on, I find I just reach for anything that reminds me of him. I don’t know much about this forum either, but I’m hoping to be able to find as many of his threads as I can. Also, If you had the pleasure of knowing him, either in person or here, I would love memories to be shared as well. Our family is forever lost without him, he was very much our foundation and safe place. He is missed beyond what any words could ever describe. I would appreciate anything you care to share with me. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi Heather! 

First, let me express my deepest sympathy for your loss.

I had many occasions to exchange with your Dad on this forum, and he was a generous person, always willing to share some advices about the fantastic paint finishes he achieved on his truly unique creations. While some could be secretive, he was always happy to answer my most minute inquiries, to good effect for me. I like to think that my modelbuilding skills improved thanks to him. 

You can be very proud of your Dad. He's missed on this forum. 

Regards,

CT

• Like 2

Heather, you have my deepest condolences. I hope you and your family find peace during this difficult time. Being a styrene addict much like your father I enjoyed his models very much.

He has a very distinct style, clean and detailed with attention to detail. Adding touches that set his builds apart from others. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I'd bet my paycheck he had these same qualities in every aspect of his life. Just the fact that you joined this group to learn more about your dad says a lot about yourself and the effect your dad had on your life. 

I don't know the details of what seems like an untimely departure, but I am confident he loved you and is very proud of you. May he rest in peace.

God's Speed Plowboy...

• Like 1

Heather I am so sorry about the loss of your dad. My family is from Leslie county and Roak, Ky.  I miss your dad so much. I learned ssome good techniques from e him.  We gave each other many parts over the years. I sent a card to his address hopefully it comforted your mom and you. May Jesus be with you and your family…

Heather, your dad was one of the most unselfish, pleasant, respectful and humble men on here. He shared his techniques unselfishly to others. He showed us step by step how he did something on a model. His examples gave us life lessons on how we should act, speak and talk to each other on a regular basis. He will be missed! May God Bless and comfort you at this time. There is a lot of Rodger's work on this forum. Read it all !!!! It will be very healing!!!!!

Edited by paul alflen
added a thought of humble!

Hello Heather. I am very sorry for your loss. I can say with certainty, the model car community has lost as well. I only knew Roger from the forum, but I had a ton of respect for him, as a model builder and as a person. His passing is news to me, and I am very sad to hear it. Roger was an upstanding and very highly respected model builder. One of the best. His work was innovative, meticulous and impeccable, and he was always willing to help other builders and provide advice or answer questions. It was clear that he embodied these qualities in life as well. I wish I had the opportunity to have known him personally.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

R.I.P Plowboy

Edited by Bainford

I've been a member of this forum for nearly ten years, and of all of the people that I've followed along with as they perfected their craft, your dad was one of the very top for me.

He had a true gift, and I miss seeing his creations on this board a great deal.

I didn't know him personally, but I think that you can get a pretty good feel for someones personality after interacting with them for all of those year, even if it's just online, and he was a real mensch!

We were all shocked and saddened to hear of his passing, and we all pray that the memories of your father will bring you peace and comfort.

Steve

Heather, I am very sorry for your loss. I extend my condolences to you and your family. I viewed the Fotki posting from Larry H. Court Jr. in its entirety. Like a trip to an Art Museum, he leaves us all with his splendid creations. Each and every one a work of art unto itself. I feel privileged to have viewed such imagination, creativity and skills. From the postings of the members of this forum I know he and his genius will greatly be missed.

On 9/6/2023 at 3:53 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Heather! 

First, let me express my deepest sympathy for your loss.

I had many occasions to exchange with your Dad on this forum, and he was a generous person, always willing to share some advices about the fantastic paint finishes he achieved on his truly unique creations. While some could be secretive, he was always happy to answer my most minute inquiries, to good effect for me. I like to think that my modelbuilding skills improved thanks to him. 

You can be very proud of your Dad. He's missed on this forum. 

Regards,

CT

Thank you so much! He was always the first person to offer to help someone. We miss him terribly. 

22 hours ago, James2 said:

Heather, you have my deepest condolences. I hope you and your family find peace during this difficult time. Being a styrene addict much like your father I enjoyed his models very much.

He has a very distinct style, clean and detailed with attention to detail. Adding touches that set his builds apart from others. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I'd bet my paycheck he had these same qualities in every aspect of his life. Just the fact that you joined this group to learn more about your dad says a lot about yourself and the effect your dad had on your life. 

I don't know the details of what seems like an untimely departure, but I am confident he loved you and is very proud of you. May he rest in peace.

God's Speed Plowboy...

He truly did have all those amazing qualities. He was an incredible human being. I’m just so thankful to know that so many people had such wonderful exchanges with him, even if it was someone he never met. He did have Covid at the time of his passing but was getting better, we were told it was a massive heart attack. He was literally fine one second and the next he was gone. He was my absolute best friend, I just want to do anything I can to feel close to him. I love reading his words here. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, slusher said:

Heather I am so sorry about the loss of your dad. My family is from Leslie county and Roak, Ky.  I miss your dad so much. I learned ssome good techniques from e him.  We gave each other many parts over the years. I sent a card to his address hopefully it comforted your mom and you. May Jesus be with you and your family…

Carl I recognized your name immediately. I heard my Dad mention your name on several occasions. Thank you so much for the card, it was very much appreciated. If you are ever over our way we would love to meet you. He was currently working on a project and I would love to find someone who could possibly finish it. 

5 hours ago, BabyGirl1221 said:

Carl I recognized your name immediately. I heard my Dad mention your name on several occasions. Thank you so much for the card, it was very much appreciated. If you are ever over our way we would love to meet you. He was currently working on a project and I would love to find someone who could possibly finish it. 

I will stop by I decorate my grandmothers grave and I have a cousin who lives London..

Hello Heather, my sincere and heartfelt condolences to you and your family.  
Roger was one of my favourite builders, not only here on this forum, but in all my years in the hobby. He is truly missed. Paul Alflen, and Trevor (Bainford) above said it very well, he was a very humble, respectful and highly regarded member here. I learned a lot from him and enjoyed all the exchanges I had with him. We had similar “taste” in cars and build styles, his work is much better than mine though. His eye for colour was always perfect. I also liked that he was not shy about sharing his mistakes and how he learned from them, not all of us share our boo boos…

I never had the pleasure of meeting your dad in person, but I sure wish I had. I have no doubt we would have been friends. I imagine he was a wonderful father. I think this will be a great space for you to keep a connection with your dad.  Sorry for your loss.

sincerely, Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Heather,  My condolences to you and your family!  I hadn't been on here in a while and just heard of your loss.  I had talked with your dad a few times on here.  He was a true artist and I always enjoyed seeing his creations. 

Michael.