Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kits you can't seem to have enough of.

Okay, I know that there are kits I just can't get enough of especially if on sale. Pretty sure others have the same issue as me.         What are your "I need another kits".              Mine are the AMT 40 Ford's and both of the AMT 66 Mustangs. Dunno why but I just love these kits. 

I have way too many of the old Revell '57 Chevy hardtop with opening doors. The MPC '65 Corvette annual is another favorite. Tough for me to pass those up when I see one for a good price. Also have soft spots for the Jo-Han '64 Dodge, AMT '40 Ford coupe, and AMT '32 Ford roadster (especially the original issue from 1959).

I used to buy just about every cheap '28-'32 Ford of any description, '49-'50 Fords, '36 Fords, '40 Ford Tudors, original Ala Kart double kits, AMT and Revell double dragster kits, and vintage parts packs. Don't ask me why.

Bill the Cat on Make a GIF

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 1

I probably have a few that fall into this category.  I'm going to stick with the Hasegawa 962C kit.  It is the same model with different decals.  The molding is nice and the model is fairly simple and goes together well.  The 962Cs are on the left with other Hasegawa kits on the right.  BTW, this is not all of the Hasegawa kits in the stash, just the ones on this shelf.

20231111 142416

• Like 3

I have three of the AMT 40 Willys Coupe/Pickup kits and some bits and pieces from other kits.  I have plans for all these and have built variations of three of them.  Would really like to see a reissue of the Willys Coupe/32 (?) Ford custom sedan kit. I have a few sedan bodies but only a couple of them have the molded in fenders.

5EJAlPW.jpg

20230731_120336.jpg

giqvgOz.jpg

• Like 1

I have a few that no matter what, when I find them, I "aquire" them.

Monogram 1926 Mack trucks. I have 6 of em.

AMT 57 Fords. 4 of them.

Revell 57 Fords. 3 of the station wagons. 

Jordan Hiway miniatures 1/87 scale Mack trucks.. I cannot stop hoarding  them. 6 built, 20 in the stash. ( actually, if you count the ones I built and sold, ... around 40.)

Tichy Trains 1/87 scale 22 foot ore cars.  12 built, 12 in the stash.

And, I can't pass an AMT model T without buying  it . I'm not sure how many are squirreled  away in the stash. 15 , maybe more.

Edited by Little Timmy

I had a fetish for AMT's Chevy Van kits back in the seventies. I don't know how many of them followed me home from GEMCO and/or FEDCO back then ! Me aunt and uncle had a '74 G-10, and I loved that thing - from an artistic standpoint. The stylling of something as simple as its hubcaps , and all of the boxy-but-rounded contours of that body. So, I bought one of the MAT kits every time I went to the aforementioned stores with me folks.

Then there was the MPC 1976-78 Pinto , Pinto Wagon , and Mustang II kits which were brimming the shelves of the toy section at Market Basket ! Another 'trilogy' I couldn't get enough of ! 

A close 3rd is the MPC 1976-1978 Datsun Pickup and the 1978 C-10 Step Side. Sears always had the Datsuns, and GEMCO had the C-10's (though Sears seemed to carry those as well).

My all time gotta buy more model is the Monogram Porsche 911 curbside kit. I know it's not highly detailed nor does it have a lot of parts, but I like it. I scoured eBay for them and managed to get 10 or so. I've built about 6 of them in the last few years and since recently restarting my building, I have another on the bench. 

ModelsPorsche1.PNG

• Like 2