Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Plymouth, JoHan and Mobius mix

dino246gt

10 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

Whats the rear axle assy from ?

I'm sorry but I can't remember, I kit bash a lot of my kits. I have piles of diffs and driveshafts and headers and stuff, like most of us! It does look pretty small though doesn't it, but I'm sure it's MoPar.

IMG_7473.JPG

• Like 1

Sun visors made from 2 layers of .010, poor lighting makes it hard to see that one layer is slightly larger for an edge effect, never seen, but just a fun thing to try.

the Savoy I just needed the tail lights, I'll use the Mobius bumper.

Here's the look I was hoping for from the rear.

IMG_7227.JPG

IMG_7324.jpg

IMG_1258.JPG

• Like 2

At the front I drilled out the headlights and used parts box clear lenses over foiled "buckets".

Remember that I scraped out between the bumper and grille, then I painted that flat aluminum.

Here's the finished engine bay.

And how I'll display it at our club meeting.

That's about it! Cheers.

IMG_7429.JPG

IMG_7432.JPG

IMG_7474.JPG

IMG_7472.JPG

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, dino246gt said:

So did I, although I use the term "grew up" with some caution!  LOL

Looks fantastic Dennis, came out great.

Speaking of grew up with. I still remember sitting in my parents 1966 Fury wagon where you could turn on the four way flashers and set the turn signals to one side or the other and step on the brakes. By doing so you could listen to the radio without having a key in the ignition. Guess I was lucky I never killed the battery.🤭

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dino246gt said:

So did I, although I use the term "grew up" with some caution!  LOL

LOL you hit that on the head I love my toys I built my first model car in 62 and never looked back and i am still very big in to the 1/64 diecast cars and truck's I think I hit that second childhood more then once.!!!!

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 3:08 PM, dino246gt said:

IMG_7271.jpg

Nice work.  A bit late now, but for future reference or anyone else building one, the front subframe is not a separate part on B bodies, so only the K-member and trans mount would be black; the rest body colour/primer.  Also, the '63 has the cowl curve up into the windshield, where '64-'65 have flat cowls and larger windshields.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 7:13 PM, gtx6970 said:

Looks amazing. 

But am curious, Why not just use the Johan Body with Moebius for everything else 

I just like torturing myself!

Really, I do think that the Mobius is more correct, and they're not quite the same size.

I WAS surprised to see the different roof though, I actually and mistakenly, thought only the front clip would need to be changed.

I did enjoy doing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dino246gt said:

I just like torturing myself!

Really, I do think that the Mobius is more correct, and they're not quite the same size.

I WAS surprised to see the different roof though, I actually and mistakenly, thought only the front clip would need to be changed.

I did enjoy doing it.

Well, Job well done  

• Like 1