Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Model On" & Snake-Fu

Mid morning April 25th I received word ...we've lost Snake45...and yes , I ...was the one that made contact with him in his hospital the last time he was off forum. It's what friends do!

" Snake "..... was a well known name on the board. Never shy to offer a compliment, suggestion, advice or a spare needed part. Possessed of a unique sense of humor, sometimes he pushed the boundaries but not afraid to speak his mind.

Friend and compatriot to some, thorn in the side to others, he was unique in style and demeanor. He will be missed by many of us, remembered fondly by all who knew him.

Just because some snow flakes get their points bent....is not going to change what is becoming of this world .

Rest in Peace my friend!!

Edited by Khils
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow!… I’m at a loss for words right now. I’d noticed that I hadn’t seen him posting on here lately but I figured it was just life getting in the way as usually happens to us all.

Prayers for his family during this time that they may find some peace and comfort.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Oh d@mn it. I'll miss him big time - he was always a good guy to me. 

He was also a member of the Warbird Information Exchange (WIX) forum; I'll post there for him.

Thank You! very much!!!  

I couldn't remember that group's name...he had mentioned. Kudos!!

• Like 2

Like my fellow board members / plastic addicts, I was wondering about @Snake45 - more frequently as of late. 

My sincere condolences to his family and friends ( and though I'd not met him in person, we did communicate via this (fantastic) forum ). He kindly sent to me a Tri-Power induction for the Revell 396-427 simply because I'd enquired if someone had one - helluva nice guy all around !

I hope that someone is curating his (impressive) collection of originals, "Snake-Fu'ed", and other build-ups. 

• Like 4

If I'm not mistaken, it seems that I remember hearing of some health issues a while back, but I kept hoping that he would get back on his feet.

So sad. :(

I always enjoyed snake on the board.

He ruffled some feathers once in a while, and he had strong opinions, and chances are that we may have even had some disagreements between us on occasion, but like adults, we always managed to put any of that aside and be grown ups.

I for one will certainly miss him.

Steve

• Like 3

I had been talki to Snake on the phone and he told me about his church. I talk to him and ask him why he wasn’t on.  He told me… he will be missed  May he R.i. P.  My friend  …

• Like 2