Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Mail brought 3 cans of Guards Red since HL no longer carries it and my first ever Tamiya kit.  Nothing they had ever interested me until now but I used to ride a 650 Virago and this one caught my eye. Always heard good things about Tamiya kits so I will find out for myself.

SAM_0598.JPG

SAM_0597.JPG

23 hours ago, W-409 said:

Yep, it's a great kit that I've been searching for a long time. I'm very happy to finally have it on my shelf. The trailer was missing from my kit, but that's no problem. Maybe I'll score one on eBay some day.

Thanks, I like '60s Wagons as well. But even more I like the 1st gen Chevy II or Novas in different body styles. In fact I have a plan to build one of each body style (Hardtop, Convertible, 2D Sedan, 4D Sedan and Wagon) in stock condition. That will take some time though, and first I want to get my 1:1 '62 Two Door Sedan running and driving.

Thats cool... a buddy of mine once owned a 62 2 door had a .60 over 283ci in it with 4 speed..wild ride..LOL..   I have many wagons I want and need to try and find or make myself..will be replicas of ones the family had owned over the years...

60 Desoto wagon with Hemi

64,68,69,70,72 Pontiac Bonneville/Safari wagons

70 Pontiac Lemans wagon with factory GTO nose.

68 Fury wagon

61 Ford Country sedan wagon

61,64 Falcon wagons

66,69,70 Impala/Caprice wagons

65,66 Mercury Colony Park wagons

68 Cadillac hearse...yep we had one..LOL..

68 Plymouth Satellite wagon..made this one already.

6 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

Thats cool... a buddy of mine once owned a 62 2 door had a .60 over 283ci in it with 4 speed..wild ride..LOL..  

That must have been a very neat car! Mine is going to have a 350 SBC with a V6/71 Blower and dual carburetors, and also 4-Speed. I'm trying to make it look like someone could have built it in the mid '60s.

17 hours ago, W-409 said:

That must have been a very neat car! Mine is going to have a 350 SBC with a V6/71 Blower and dual carburetors, and also 4-Speed. I'm trying to make it look like someone could have built it in the mid '60s.

Very COOL..!  I love and have been fascinated with blowers since I was a kid...built a few blower engines in 1 to 1 myself.  I build a 355ci with a 671 and Hilborn fuel injection once for a 29 Ford coupe I had before my accident.   I have the Lindberg Tall T but Ill have to find some parts to build it as I want to...realistic 671 blower set up with butterfly fuel injection scoop...wheels and wide rears..etc.    Id like to see if I can open up the doors on it too. 

On 1/22/2019 at 7:11 AM, Breezy said:

Found this at the dump. In great shape everything there the instructions are in great condition. 

IMG_20190122_090728.jpg

IMG_20190122_090706.jpg

You gotta be kidding me!  I've done plenty of dump runs, but there is always garbage, maybe tempted to grab aluminum cans for recycling.

I turned one of those into junk, don't tell the guy who is running the Bring Out Your Dead challenge build.;)

Bigatti mock up.jpg

1 hour ago, 89AKurt said:

You gotta be kidding me!  I've done plenty of dump runs, but there is always garbage, maybe tempted to grab aluminum cans for recycling.

I turned one of those into junk, don't tell the guy who is running the Bring Out Your Dead challenge build.;)

Bigatti mock up.jpg

Hey, that's the same reprobate idiot who's gonna hot-rod a Bugatti 35! B):lol:

Bugatti004.jpg.98aa5ff7105ea727d7c3a62915098812.jpg

Edited by Snake45

5 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Bigatti mock up.jpg

both those look sweet. I've got a couple things going on but those a re good ideas for that. Yeah are dump is one of the best I've ever been to. Fairbanks Alaska's is crazy! But you could build a whole house every couple months here. Also the big screen tv's are out of hand.

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Hey, that's the same reprobate idiot who's gonna hot-rod a Bugatti 35! B):lol:

Bugatti004.jpg.98aa5ff7105ea727d7c3a62915098812.jpg

That is awesome. I was thinking about selling it so I could buy a couple kits i would like to build. But it might be fun to do something like that.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...