Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I just received some goodies from an old friend who is moving from the east coast to the west coast. Several parcels of basswood strips, a balsa airplane, and something called Space Clusters which assembles into 3d geometric shapes using neon colored plastic rods. Question- does anyone know if these rods are styrene? These could be useful in some interesting new ways........

Some great looking kits and paints. The wheels on the Chevelle kit box represent the optional hub caps that Chevrolet started offering with the '65 Chevelle SS 396 model. They were a very convincing looking wheel cover and weighed almost as much as the wheel it's self. 

Got my Model Cars magazine today. Nicely done. I have to say that Larry Greenberg did a yeoman's job writing the reviews of all those kits. Very well written and very well detailed. Larry got me interested in buying the two Chevies (MCSS and the Fire Chief 70 Chevy) even though I had no real interest in them and the Land Rover and the Firebird as well. Talking to the wife about it and she just shook her head. About Grumpy's racer, when Larry mentioned the Monza grille on the earlier issue of the Vega kit, Larry said that that car was not quite accurate, and he is correct. I do know that Chevy offered a Monza wagon model with that very grille using the same body as the earlier Vega, just not on the coupes or hatches.

Monza Wagon 1978 Europeu

Edited by lordairgtar

I picked up these two tweezers for $6 in the male grooming section at Marshalls. I have two pairs that I use constantly...one doesn’t open very wide and the other is “magnetic” and frustrates me all the time. Hopefully these will be a treat.😎

2CF5DB68-5FF5-44E6-AB1D-0D327AFED56F.jpeg

The two sheets on the right arrived yesterday from Slater’s Plastikard. The two on the left I got last year but are too large of scale.  I think I originally mis read how they scaled them 1:25 is not the same as 1/25 ? These are 8”x12” sheets and I ordered a few of each to be safe.😎

B228FD76-07E7-4A27-9F8A-B95993E4A75F.jpeg

E1F8F180-72F4-44AF-B950-D2F58DE142B6.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

3 hours ago, PierreR89 said:

Found these 3 aoshima Delorean's on ebay so i bought them all.
I have not yet decided if i am going to buy 3 more just i can have all of the movie versions on display at the same time, all three can be built in 2 different ways.

AMT had all 3 of the Aoshimas in one kit in blueprinter mail off kit. May be cheaper. I got one ages ago. Haven’t seen many. 

23 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

Got my Model Cars magazine today. Nicely done. I have to say that Larry Greenberg did a yeoman's job righting the reviews of all those kits. Very well written and very well detailed. Larry got me interested in buying the two Chevies (MCSS and the Fire Chief 70 Chevy) even though I had no real interest in them and the Land Rover and the Firebird as well. Talking to the wife about it and she just shook her head. About Grumpy's racer, when Larry mentioned the Monza grille on the earlier issue of the Vega kit, Larry said that that car was not quite accurate, and he is correct. I do know that Chevy offered a Monza wagon model with that very grille using the same body as the earlier Vega, just not on the coupes or hatches.

Monza Wagon 1978 Europeu

They did sell the hatchbacks Gregg, but only about 2000 were built. I've never seen one and when the "Twister Vega" kit came out I thought it was just something MPC made up.

Chevrolet-Monza-1978-12.jpg?resize=600%2C782&ssl=1

18 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

They did sell the hatchbacks Gregg, but only about 2000 were built. I've never seen one and when the "Twister Vega" kit came out I thought it was just something MPC made up.

Chevrolet-Monza-1978-12.jpg?resize=600%2C782&ssl=1

Yes, I thought I seen the hatch somewhere, but nothing showed on my end for research. I remember I was walking down the street past a Chevy dealer in Santa Maria, California and these cars had just come out. I noted how much I liked the Monza type grille on the Vega body much better than the cheese slicer grille it had the year before. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

11 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

I didn't officially "get this today" but I did order it. 

Going to dip my toes into the 3D printing set. 

Should be here by next weekend so, just have to decide what to print first.

359403921_61t4dDSKiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg.e0ad01b635e5ce694b71839a71694382.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08LKQLZRR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This could be interesting ?

On my way home from getting my first Covid shot, I decided to stop at a hobby shop in that neighborhood. To my dismay, I found out that the owner passed recently from cancer. Unfortunately the business is closing so I grabbed a few items

68390394-CC64-423D-86B6-66D57C75421B.jpeg

48C6D5E4-16DF-4C10-885D-7F5D2D8032D9.jpeg.e84103267851ba9261e1e35b14dab223.jpeg

Got this neat little paint  cart at Walmart. $15.  I believe HPI guy recommended it. Snaps together in minutes. Holds 18 cans per level, total of 72 cans!  The cans did wobble on the wire so i added a piece of cardboard on each shelf which did the trick!

This frees up a lot of space!  I do need a second one now!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...