Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 4/10/2021 at 9:04 PM, Joe Handley said:

Picked these up at Hobby Lobby today, 40% off too.  Other than wheels, tires, and graphics, the GTX appears to be an otherwise straight up reissue. That said, the main image of the cars box art is awful, just awful.

001(345).HEIC

The hood is different too.  It's the first time the Satellite hood has been in the kit since it was modified into the GTX in 1995.

These came this morning from Ebay for a future project, not the same one's that were listed but think I can still use them. 

What a hassle to get these, first seller took my money but sent nothing and didn't reply to messages while continuing to list items for sale. Second one took my order than cancelled being out of stock, at least this fella sent something even if they aren't what he listed.

20210413_094243.jpg

On 4/11/2021 at 12:57 PM, Snake45 said:

Local toy show day. Got three new glue bombs/rebuilders for $5 each. 

*VERY cleanly built, never painted, '65 Galaxie on bigs n littles with Cragars and a nice rake. Should be an easy Snake-Fu fixup. 

*Cleanly built and complete Monogram '71 GTX. Only problem is that the yellow paint is very thin on the front valence/skirt piece. Will have to try to match it. If I can't, not sure what I'll do with it. Maybe paint satin black below the body line, like the '69 GTX?

*Monogram '68 GTO, painted purple and fairly decent at first glance. But the roof is glue-roached (why do people think you need to use half a tube of glue on the windows?) , and the hole in the hood was poorly filled. Bought it just for the wheels and tires--some nice Torq-Thrusts on some nice tires. They're worth $5 to me all by themselves. 

Here they are: 

65FordGB03.jpg.52d9c9bb88a844b6a9220a098c99efdd.jpg

65FordGB06.jpg.4e924fb7f80cba59e058bb6b1f142253.jpg

71GTXGB03.jpg.5074412ad5a893b24f2d4dfbe414a8c9.jpg

71GTXGB07.jpg.667af84ffa5383dca45d86f8f712a5f4.jpg

68GTOGBPurple05.jpg.d8750c540d85a10f4b59e65879dece85.jpg

I've got the '65 Ford apart already with no major external damage. The chassis turns out to be where the REAL glue-bomb action is and will take more work than I'd planned (which was none) to remedy. It all looks do-able, though. Planning to polish the white plastic body, and repaint the interior in the light olive green of that year. This will be my next project. 

The problem with the front valence on the GTX doesn't show up that well in the pics, but it definitely doesn't match. The paint appears to be some kind of yellow pearl--I have no idea what it is or if I can match it. If I can't, I'll do the lower body sides and the front valence in matte black a la the '69 GTX (and probably the hood bulge, too). 

The GTO would be a nice rescue project if the roof weren't glue-roached and the hood hole had been filled in dleanly. Oh well--as I said, the wheels and tires alone were worth the $5 to me. And I've already done a nice "rescue" of a Monogram '68 GTO (and two MPCs). 

42 minutes ago, Sam I Am said:

Nice bunch of cars. I'm partial to 65 Galaxies.

I never have been. Have never owned any issue of this kit, nor wanted to--but something about this one just spoke to me. I had to bring it home. B)

A friend had a 1:1 ‘66 Chevelle SS back in the day so he gave me the Revell kit to build for him. I picked up the ‘61 Impala and paints today at HL. The Torq Thrust wheels in the Impala kit will be used on the Chevelle, I think. 

F52CE877-5C1B-44F3-B4F7-59415990F7E5.jpeg

AF12A127-5040-444C-84B2-033D5D2EB60D.jpeg

C8CDA065-1EE4-4066-849B-D3B4387FDF56.jpeg

10 minutes ago, keyser said:

Boyd’s Alumacoupe Yellow Rich. Not one coat. 

You talking about the '71 GTX? That's GENIUS ! I think I have a bottle of it around here, too. Will have to do some testing and see if that's it and I can make it work. THANKS! B)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...