Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

All I got from the cleaned out Model Master racks at Hobby Bench in Phoenix.  I should have taken a picture of the racks, figured someone already has.  Anyway, I could use these colors.  There is a tiny drill bit taped to the yellow.

IMG_1456.jpg

Went to a local toy show.  It's really a BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH shoot as to what you find here but it virtually doubled from the fall show (in terms of square footage).....sometimes there's great stuff and other times, meh.  I know most of the modeler groups went to the Ft Wayne show today.

This was my only model find......Sealed inside/complete.  I figured with Tom Daniel going over to Atlantis and VW with their license fees, this one wasn't coming back anytime soon!  

Monogram Baja Beast.jpg

6 hours ago, HomerS said:

Went to a local toy show.  It's really a BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH shoot as to what you find here but it virtually doubled from the fall show (in terms of square footage).....sometimes there's great stuff and other times, meh.  I know most of the modeler groups went to the Ft Wayne show today.

This was my only model find......Sealed inside/complete.  I figured with Tom Daniel going over to Atlantis and VW with their license fees, this one wasn't coming back anytime soon!  

Monogram Baja Beast.jpg

I sure hope Atlantis puts one out.....

On 3/27/2021 at 10:20 PM, slusher said:

I sure hope Atlantis puts one out.....

Atlantis would have to pay Revell to run the kit as the tooling is in China.  They had this one done and ready to go prior to Hobbico imploding and were displaying it as an upcoming kit from the reconstituted Revell U.S. before TD took his ball and went to sulking.

15 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Atlantis would have to pay Revell to run the kit as the tooling is in China.  They had this one done and ready to go prior to Hobbico imploding and were displaying it as an upcoming kit from the reconstituted Revell U.S. before TD took his ball and went to sulking.

Thanks James, I didn’t know that so it will be a while.or we may never see it again.

5 hours ago, WizPorsche944 said:

Still sealed !

That's a great kit, I enjoyed building one back in the '90s. I actually ended up with two as the first one had a warped hood, I was lucky to find the second one for something silly like £6 at an autojumble!

You've reminded me of the reshell project I need to finish.......

1 hour ago, PatW said:

I saw one of these on a WIP thread somewhere, so as my settings are only temporary with various pieces of white coated wood, I'll invest in one of these.

A PULUZ Light Box..

I'm meant to have forgotten about as it's going to be a birthday present, but I've got something similar coming to me soon.

The flat roof extension is great for outside shots of finished builds, but there are times when it's not ideal to be getting the ladder out and climbing up there......

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I'm meant to have forgotten about as it's going to be a birthday present, but I've got something similar coming to me soon.

The flat roof extension is great for outside shots of finished builds, but there are times when it's not ideal to be getting the ladder out and climbing up there......

Yes I've opened the box and checked and tested the light box, and what a great improvement. I sometimes take my photo's of completed models in the kitchen, or the cabin where I build them or out on the deck, but it has been all down to light and weather, well this sorts it all out!

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

So the light box, coloured backgrounds and a carrying case. You can also adjust the LED's lighting brightness. Oh and it's 30CMS square.

I bought another AMT original Cobra kit on the bay . I was suspicious because the kit was molded in green . I bought it knowing I never saw an original molded in any color other than white . The box looked very good and it was cheap . As I suspected it was the newer Matchbox kit which was molded in green put into an original box . Not sure if seller knew or not . At any rate I got another Cobra kit and a good condition box at a good price . Not upset . 

8BD9F32D-3B9A-465F-8592-91BD0930835F.jpeg

1804BAC5-9FF4-43B8-B900-45DB489CFA08.jpeg

B710A64B-45D6-4034-B1DD-4C1477BE2F65.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...