Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

48 minutes ago, Dpate said:

lol, what happened?

Did something I should have known better than to do. Used a gluebomb chassis for an initial mockup of a kitbash project only to find out that said chassis wasn’t accurately assembled. So now I have some chassis and suspension modifications to make that I wasn’t prepared for. Such is the life of a model builder I guess 🤷‍♂️ 

I went to a new local show, yesterday. I ended up not buying anything, although I came dangerously close to dropping $150 for a 3-D printed belly tanker. The goodie bags were excellent! A couple of lengths of wire, some Optima batteries and ignition coils from VCG Resins, pre-drilled distributors from Iceman and a scale 3-D Printer from Scale Speed Garage and a couple of droppers and tiny plastic spoons from Scale Finishes. Randy Ditton gifted me with a set of HRM's Chaparral wheels and tires for my next "project to complete". 

I had some really great success with my entries, as well! I took my Nostalgia Fueler to enter in the "WIP" category. It ended up winning the club's "Excellence In Engineering" Award and Best In Show. My old Monogram "Drag Strip Hot Rod" '32 won for best Pre-'50s, the Monogram Midget to Sprint Car won best Race Car, the Supermod won Best Engine and the Mack won Best Semi/Large Truck. I built none of these models for anything but my own enjoyment. I am always pleasantly surprised, when I win!

DSC_0078cr.jpg

DSC_0079cr.jpg

DSC_0080cr.jpg

DSC_0081cr.jpg

DSC_0082cr.jpg

DSC_0083cr.jpg

DSC_0087cr.jpg

DSC_0089cr.jpg

• Like 5

More than a week ago, I received a shipment from Jack Modelling.with his excellent Ferrari 275 GTB/GTS alloy wheels. As he makes custom orders as well, I asked him to print for me 2 deep-dish wheel sets for Fujimi's 330 P4 (to be used with the 412P) - they fit like a glove with their tires, and - voila: after 30 years  of waiting, I can finally build my 1967 Spa racer (just found out, that some decals are incorrect for this race due to better reference material)...

P1080280.JPG.d18fb1b1a7f4c26a260a27bc373dc093.JPGP1080283.JPG.a375a1f51f9e6956d618c4d221035bfd.JPGP1080282.JPG.ef82b18088e4ce12b8d06fff2d65b76c.JPG

With these wheels, you can also correct Fujimi's last reissue of their P4 , meant to represent the Daytona 3rd place car.

Daytona 1967 - 3..jpg

Edited by 1959scudetto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I went to a new local show, yesterday. I ended up not buying anything, although I came dangerously close to dropping $150 for a 3-D printed belly tanker. The goodie bags were excellent! A couple of lengths of wire, some Optima batteries and ignition coils from VCG Resins, pre-drilled distributors from Iceman and a scale 3-D Printer from Scale Speed Garage and a couple of droppers and tiny plastic spoons from Scale Finishes. Randy Ditton gifted me with a set of HRM's Chaparral wheels and tires for my next "project to complete". 

I had some really great success with my entries, as well! I took my Nostalgia Fueler to enter in the "WIP" category. It ended up winning the club's "Excellence In Engineering" Award and Best In Show. My old Monogram "Drag Strip Hot Rod" '32 won for best Pre-'50s, the Monogram Midget to Sprint Car won best Race Car, the Supermod won Best Engine and the Mack won Best Semi/Large Truck. I built none of these models for anything but my own enjoyment. I am always pleasantly surprised, when I win!

DSC_0078cr.jpg

DSC_0079cr.jpg

DSC_0080cr.jpg

DSC_0081cr.jpg

DSC_0082cr.jpg

DSC_0083cr.jpg

DSC_0087cr.jpg

DSC_0089cr.jpg

Congratulations!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 6:59 PM, atomicholiday said:

This one followed me home today.  It’s been started but I think it’s all there.  Looks like a bit of a glue bomb.  But the rims are all there (I love those old slots) and the box looks really good for its age.  I have a real soft spot for the old white box monogram stuff.

IMG_3370.jpeg.c5846713ec9980b307982f4f4d674d20.jpeg

Monogram had some great kit when I was young…

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

DSC_0078cr.jpg

DSC_0079cr.jpg

DSC_0080cr.jpg

DSC_0081cr.jpg

DSC_0082cr.jpg

DSC_0083cr.jpg

DSC_0087cr.jpg

DSC_0089cr.jpg

Congratulations!!

A little after the fact.  Just got back from visiting (wife's) family in Toronto.  Always make a trip to Wings and Wheels hobby shop on Danforth-whatever your modeling interest do NOT pass it up.  I found the most recent release of the Revell (Fujimi) Porsche 917K kit at 50% off.  Originally $84 CAD, down to $42 CAD and about $30 US after the exchange rate.  Between that and the 2 packages of pea meal bacon I brought back I consider it a successful trip.

Edited by The Junkman

Someone in the forum painted a Javelin or something AMC that turquoise and I loved the color. Took a while to realize I couldn't buy it in a big box store anywhere around me. So when I found it and saw the other colors. I decided to get them all. And it looks like you can switch them around such as one an exterior and one an interior color. Or for two tones. 

• Like 2

On 10/16/2023 at 9:20 AM, PatW said:

One NuNu Volvo S40 BTCC, 1997 Brands Hatch Winner. Pre-ordered in January 2022, in stock today and delivered. One year and ten months ago!

photo-vi.jpg

Your local vendor was almost slower to stock than NuNu, that kit's been available since mid-April.

Local thrift store that I frequent really came through today. Proof even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while.

As some of you know, I'm a big Model A guy. I collect Model A kits, especially the old Hubleys. I buy all of them I can find. This one followed me home for $10. Missing the instructions but the all important screws(Hubley kits used oddball sizes and thread pitch) are there & complete.

IMG_20231023_130010264_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RSchnell said:

Local thrift store that I frequent really came through today. Proof even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while.

As some of you know, I'm a big Model A guy. I collect Model A kits, especially the old Hubleys. I buy all of them I can find. This one followed me home for $10. Missing the instructions but the all important screws(Hubley kits used oddball sizes and thread pitch) are there & complete.

IMG_20231023_130010264_HDR.jpg

Interesting! I didn't hear about this producer. It looks very old. What scale is it?

8 minutes ago, Mittagskind said:

Interesting! I didn't hear about this producer. It looks very old. What scale is it?

They scale out around 1/20. In addition to the Model A's, they also did a series of 1932 Chevrolets, Model T Fords Packards, Duesenbergs. Gabriel later issued these kits and in the late 80s JE Scale Models got the molds. I'd love to know where they are today. 

Here's the wikipedia link which gives the history better than I can. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubley_Manufacturing_Company

Edited by RSchnell
Forgot Link
  • Thanks 1