Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

6 hours ago, Keef said:

Got the first 3 Saturday at my local Walmart. Felt bad for leaving those 2 poor Demons all alone on that cold lonely shelf so I went back today and bought some more. 

Hi my name is Keith and I’m an addict 😂🤣

IMG_1336.jpeg

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1313.jpeg

Very cool!....😎👍

7 hours ago, Keef said:

Got the first 3 Saturday at my local Walmart. Felt bad for leaving those 2 poor Demons all alone on that cold lonely shelf so I went back today and bought some more. 

IMG_1336.jpeg

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1313.jpeg

It really irks me that wallys in the states has those Demons and my local shop couldn't even get his full order of them. 

I couldn't even get one even though I was on the wait list. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

It really irks me that wallys in the states has those Demons and my local shop couldn't even get his full order of them. 

I couldn't even get one even though I was on the wait list. 

That is if your local Walleys carries models. The 4 closest to me do not. Adrian MI store had some models  a month ago when I took  the drive but no Demons at all. Still picked up other stuff. Lol

• Like 1

My 3 local Walmarts never carry models either, and my LHS closed after the owner died.

So pretty much my only brick and mortar source is HL (which never seems to get new inventory anymore) and whatever randomly shows up at my Ollies.

MPC Switchers '32 roadster arrived in the mail today, I was the single bid eBay winner on this decently put-together original build (judging from its interior dust). The kit is a current reissue, but I figured if nobody else put a bid on it, the final price including shipping would be a lot lower than buying the kit retail somewhere. My gamble worked out. I need its chrome plated grille for one of my stalled roadster projects, but from the looks of it, the headers will work fine for my arched caricature dragster project, plus I can use the highback seats for some or other street rod project, along with the valve covers, chrome oil pan and wheels/tires.

32FordSwitchers.jpg.e91374aff157a528afd01979b4634073.jpg

Edited by Russell C
typo

22 hours ago, Keef said:

But your heart was in the right place, and that's what really counts 😉

• Haha 1

My latest acquisition of off E Bay from a great vendor out of Seattle that I've been doing business with for a long time and for a song. It'll look good on a vintage trailer that's hooked to a nicely built 65 Chevy El Camino that I got from the same vendor eons ago. Here it is from E Bay. 

s-l1600.webp

Edited by John M.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Bainford said:

But your heart was in the right place, and that's what really counts 😉

My wife doesn’t see it that way. She just rolls her eyes and sighs really loudly and says “ Did you REALLY need those?” 😂🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I don 't get down to Rancho Mirage much, but since I had to take my housemate to Eisenhower Med Center I hit Hobby Lobby and picked up the '36 Wild One (Chevy) Modified for 40% off. Might put a different body on it (Willys or '36 Ford 5-window?).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kelson said:

This mornings arrival...yup,! another Dodge Van!!🤷‍♂️ IMG_6411.thumb.JPG.aa164d68297da50052c1b9e51d96d6d9.JPG

I definitely want one of these! Are the windows precut or does it just have scribed lines?

I keep asking Round 2 to backdate their current issue of the van. Maybe some day they will.

Adding to my Ferrari collection I some what luckily received this one which I purchased off Ebay Japan and is a mint copy.

i got a message from FedEx to say they had just delivered it to me but there was no sign of it on my property.

A few minutes later I got a phone call from a cafe across town to say FedEx had just left them a package with my address on it.

I jumped in the car and went and collected it but I do wonder how these couriers ever find their way home.

IMG_3934.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 4/15/2024 at 11:00 AM, Keef said:

IMG_1336.jpeg

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1313.jpeg

Nice kits and good price!  My Walmart doesn’t carry models!

19 hours ago, kelson said:

This mornings arrival...yup,! another Dodge Van!!🤷‍♂️ IMG_6411.thumb.JPG.aa164d68297da50052c1b9e51d96d6d9.JPG

Curtis you have it going on those Dodge Vane congrats"…

8 hours ago, Roncla said:

Adding to my Ferrari collection I some what luckily received this one which I purchased off Ebay Japan and is a mint copy.

i got a message from FedEx to say they had just delivered it to me but there was no sign of it on my property.

A few minutes later I got a phone call from a cafe across town to say FedEx had just left them a package with my address on it.

I jumped in the car and went and collected it but I do wonder how these couriers ever find their way home.

IMG_3934.jpeg

Unbelievable!....🙄 

From Desert Scale Classic swap meet:

Revell 56 Chevy Del Ray
Revell 60 Chevy Impala
AMT 68 Galaxie
Engines from Iceman Collections
Jaguar Mark 10/420 promo/toy

Raffle Prizes: AMD Dodge D50 Coke pickup and an ERTL Mack truck

I visited LHS yesterday and picked up a Fujimi Mercedes AMG GT kit

• Like 3

16 hours ago, oldcarfan said:

I definitely want one of these! Are the windows precut or does it just have scribed lines?

I keep asking Round 2 to backdate their current issue of the van. Maybe some day they will.

The window is just one long piece like the Turtle wax version that's out,you could precut the windows if you wanted,but i think it would be easier just to leave as is.

• Like 1