Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

9 hours ago, peteski said:

...If you only knew how little many people around you know (about many very common subjects, like math, grammar, or geography), you would be really disappointed in humanity!

I know only too well. 

And lest I forget momentarily, I need only listen to mainstream media for 5 minutes, or look at a few social media posts...when I can stomach it...to be reminded unequivocally.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY and ACCURACY
  • Haha 1

i was at the amish market today with my wife. we get to a stand and near the stand there is a guy coughing. then my wife hears the guy say to his wife that he doesnt feel good today and his wife said she doesnt either.

neither are wearing masks. for the love of god, why are you out in public if you are sick. whether its covid or not, stay home

we got away from them quickly and left the place very shortly after. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Russell C said:

There are a few kinds of those 'non-car guys' out there. Way back when I worked as a shuttle van driver at a commercial offsite airport parking lot, a guy arriving home got in my van and said he'd lost the slip of paper for the row location of his car, and when we got to the lot, he said it was a brown one, maybe a Honda.

Sounds like my wife's brother!  He was on the phone with us and told us he bought his daughter a car.   I asked what kind... he didn't know and offered that it was a red one.  Then he put the phone down, no doubt went outside to look...  came back and said, "It's a Ford!'    My reply, "What model?"   He was stumped once again... turns out it was a Focus.  didn't matter though, reckless daughter totaled it in a few weeks!

And my wife knows she drives a big silver car.  When we are together she follows me in the parking lot.  Once she complained I passed the car.. she's pointing at a Honda Accord.   Nope!  We have a Buick LaCrosse!   

On 9/23/2021 at 3:09 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Sounds like my wife's brother!  He was on the phone with us and told us he bought his daughter a car.   I asked what kind... he didn't know and offered that it was a red one.  Then he put the phone down, no doubt went outside to look...  came back and said, "It's a Ford!'    My reply, "What model?"   He was stumped once again... turns out it was a Focus.  didn't matter though, reckless daughter totaled it in a few weeks!

And my wife knows she drives a big silver car.  When we are together she follows me in the parking lot.  Once she complained I passed the car.. she's pointing at a Honda Accord.   Nope!  We have a Buick LaCrosse!   

Do you still have your Caravan and Geo Trackeer?

4 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

Search Engines….Just for kicks I went on Kijiiji today and typed in 1/25 scale models. Some did pop up, but I also got die casts of all scales. It even decided that I might be interested in a pressure washer or a commercial pizza oven!🤨🤷‍♂️

Well...the pressure washer might help with that botched TESTORS paint job! And pizza always deserves a place in the hobby room! Hahaha

1 hour ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Irresponsible Media           Over the last few days the UK media in their infinite wisdom latched on to a story that we have a shortage of tanker drivers to deliver fuel to petrol stations.

Result     Panic buying at the pumps that made a manageable situation become a fiasco!

Its interesting to me that lousy, lying media is not just a usa problem 

1 hour ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Irresponsible Media           Over the last few days the UK media in their infinite wisdom latched on to a story that we have a shortage of tanker drivers to deliver fuel to petrol stations.

Result     Panic buying at the pumps that made a manageable situation become a fiasco!

Result: Your media now has another "crisis" story they can milk for days--if you're lucky. (If not, for weeks.) 

On 9/27/2021 at 10:43 PM, stitchdup said:

I'm struggling to find a single bed thats long enough for me. Loads of 5ft 9 available but nothing longer. I'm 6ft 2 with a bad back so they're no use to me. I dont have room for anything bigger in my flat and a couch bed aint got the support i need

I seem to share your stature and back issues. I know we are in different market places but maybe there is someone in your area that offers something like we have used for years. Here beds and bedding is offered in what is called a "California King". This is a bed that is not as wide as a normal king size but is longer. The bed we have also has inflatable chambers that can be adjusted with a remote control.  

On 9/22/2021 at 11:27 PM, HomerS said:

Jacked up my knee.....don't even have a good 'hold my beer' story to go with it.  After X-rays and an MRI, there are half a dozen bone chips.  Talked with the Dr this a.m. and I can have it scoped or the cortisone shot.  I'm opting for the less evasive procedure.  I had it scoped 30 years ago after tearing the meniscus playing tennis.  Apparently I was prepped by a nurse who was cheesed at her boyfriend/husband as my leg was dry shaved.....the razor burn hurt more than the incision sites. 

Getting old sucks.....

I don't do needles.   Endured years of allergy shots as a kid and avoid needles at all costs...until you can barely walk.  Got the shot Monday afternoon.  Dr whipped out the freeze spray and then stuck in the needle.  I was able to walk out of the office.  No exertion for several days and no alcohol for three days.  Feels fine so long as I keep it propped up. 

8 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Two words,”SWIRL MARKS”.😤Noticed them when i was washing my car today.🙄🤷..Don’t buy a black car,Silver is probably the best color there is.A big silver rolling machine…Perfect

Yeah, silver.  As much as I hate to admit it, in 10 years of ownership of my 21 year old silver 7-series, I've never waxed it.  It still looks great.  Then again, it's German paint.

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Two words,”SWIRL MARKS”.😤Noticed them when i was washing my car today.🙄🤷..Don’t buy a black car,Silver is probably the best color there is.A big silver rolling machine…Perfect

Black is the best looking color on the road when it’s clean. I have white and like white it is easy to maintain and is cooler. I always waxed my black cars when I washed the because of the clear coat..

Welp the USPS did it again.I was supposed to get a package today.All the info states that it is arriving today.However upon checking the tracking number,it says it’s still between my house and NJ.🙄🤷😤And there’s no further info on the package.

25 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Welp the USPS did it again.I was supposed to get a package today.All the info states that it is arriving today.However upon checking the tracking number,it says it’s still between my house and NJ.🙄🤷😤And there’s no further info on the package.

Get ready for alot more of this..