Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Whenever I hear things like this about someone I always think it's the one time you would like doctors to find something wrong with you. That way they can fix it; you hope.

Wandering around not knowing what may happen next has got to be worrisome but sounds like you're a tough guy so keep up the good fight.

• Like 1

Had a buyer for my little Buick Special. Had him meet me at the police station and he looked it over and took it for a drive.

One of the fill in officers who is a county officer was working today and had come out to see what the deal was.

He suggested the guy leave his drivers license while taking the test drive while his girlfriend waited.

Came back and wanted to pay with a personal check and I reminded his the deal was cash only and he acted a little funny about it.

He got the cash from his girlfrind and when he was counting out the 100 dollar bills the officer picked one up and held it up to the sun and immediatly arrested the guy. 

18 of the 30 100 dollar bills were bogus!

Between this and people that leave you hanging I give up. EA plates are cheap and only costs me a little over 20 bucks a month for insurance I'll just keep it.

11 hours ago, TonyK said:

Whenever I hear things like this about someone I always think it's the one time you would like doctors to find something wrong with you. That way they can fix it; you hope.

Wandering around not knowing what may happen next has got to be worrisome but sounds like you're a tough guy so keep up the good fight.

Thanks for the kind words, Tony.

I have no choice. I'm too stubborn to just give up. I just switch to a lower gear, and keep going. I may not be the fastest, but I'm always moving forward.

5 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

Had a buyer for my little Buick Special. Had him meet me at the police station and he looked it over and took it for a drive.

One of the fill in officers who is a county officer was working today and had come out to see what the deal was.

He suggested the guy leave his drivers license while taking the test drive while his girlfriend waited.

Came back and wanted to pay with a personal check and I reminded his the deal was cash only and he acted a little funny about it.

He got the cash from his girlfrind and when he was counting out the 100 dollar bills the officer picked one up and held it up to the sun and immediatly arrested the guy. 

18 of the 30 100 dollar bills were bogus!

Between this and people that leave you hanging I give up. EA plates are cheap and only costs me a little over 20 bucks a month for insurance I'll just keep it.

At least the officer saved you from being scammed out of $1800!

Here we go again with USPS. Please, please, please stop relying on hobos to deliver the mail and hire some real employees. My package, Allentown Pa to London, Ont., a distance of 500 miles is on day 26 and not out of the US yet. I wonder if Amazon is interested in delivering mail?

1 hour ago, imarriedawitch said:

...Please, please, please stop relying on hobos to deliver the mail and hire some real employees.

That's hardly PC. Think of them not as "hobos", but "differently domiciled"...and their lack of reliability shouldn't matter because merit is no longer a valid reason to hire or retain workers.  ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, slusher said:

A real good friend of mine died but the sad part he had been dead a week before his nephew checked on him. He called his sister every day and she never checked on him..

How Awful!

I feel for you, Carl. That is just sad.

• Thanks 1

Missed the chance to buy a great dirtbike that I really wanted,and have been searching for quite sometime.I was planning on buying it today off CL..I was going to treat myself to a birthday gift.Anyway,I was in regular contact with the seller the last couple of days.It turns out the bike was around the block from me..I was supposed to get a call from the owner when he was off from work,and could show it,which according to him would’ve been today.Then last night i tried and reached out to confirm it with the owner,but no answer.I called him again today,& finally got in touch with him..But he tells me he SOLD IT!!!!Arrrrrggggg🤬😖NOOOOO!!!!

13 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

That's hardly PC. Think of them not as "hobos", but "differently domiciled"...and their lack of reliability shouldn't matter because merit is no longer a valid reason to hire or retain workers.  ;)

My father was a Corrections Officer at the County jail. During his time he saw "prisoners" become "inmates" which would later become "residents".😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, imarriedawitch said:

My father was a Corrections Officer at the County jail. During his time he saw "prisoners" become "inmates" which would later become "residents".😀

Probably soon to be "clients"...or "rehabilitation-team members".  :D

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Haha 1

You Tube! I really appreciate the tips and tricks I can learn there on many subject matters. But they let any idiot with a cell phone or video camera post up “how to” videos. Some of these people run the gamut from inept to downright stupid to even dangerous. I am smart enough (I hope) to weed out the bad information, but some people might consider these videos excellent advice.😕

• Like 1

What irks me is a snitch that the rest of us where I work at have to deal with. This individual shows up only to exist, kisses up to get away with anything, and has no problem ratting someone out if if they just sneeze cross-eyed. Although this individual needs to be let go it never happens.

People who just through their trash on the ground even when a trash can is present. I took my wife's car to the car wash yesterday and the area they provide to shame the car afterwards has a trash can, but the ground is covered with tissues, Q-Tips and paper food wrappers laying all over the ground. Not usually like this but yesterday someone decided to dump all of the trash from the inside of their car all over the ground. They have the option of a trash can in plain sight or even vacuum cleaners that could be used. I guess the two steps from their car to the trash can was just asking too much off them. 

20 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

You Tube!...But they let any idiot with a cell phone or video camera post up “how to” videos. Some of these people run the gamut from inept to downright stupid to even dangerous. I am smart enough (I hope) to weed out the bad information, but some people might consider these videos excellent advice.

Yup, that's entirely true.

Some of the folks posting car how-to vids are so bad they're laughable...and as you say, you have to know rather a lot to separate the useful from the moronic.

Unfortunately, we have no shortage of fools who paint everything available on YT with the same broad brush, thinking all of it is either rubbish or gospel.

YT also sensors anything that contradicts their chosen position on a wide variety of topics as well, no matter how stupidly ignorant that position may be, and no matter how true, correct, and factual what they don't like may be.

20 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

You Tube! I really appreciate the tips and tricks I can learn there on many subject matters. But they let any idiot with a cell phone or video camera post up “how to” videos. Some of these people run the gamut from inept to downright stupid to even dangerous. I am smart enough (I hope) to weed out the bad information, but some people might consider these videos excellent advice.😕

And unfortunately, the problem isn't unique to YT.

Car "enthusiast" forums are also rife with self-styled "experts" who are too stupid to pour water out of a boot...but since they're populated by posters who supposedly know something about a particular marque or model because they happen to own one, the more mechanically ignorant and inept and gullible among us accept the truthfulness of the garbage they vomit up, never questioning it.

It's a shame, but it's the same with most topics.

EDIT: The flip side is that the web CAN be a source of factual information you can't find anywhere else readily...but to judge anything's usefulness, you need at least some knowledge going in...but many people, even the "smart" ones, lack good critical thinking skills.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 1

My boss this morning sent the school bus that I drive to an outside shop to have the front suspension and steering completely rebuilt. Problems with it cropped up yesterday while returning to the company from dropping off the summer camp kids in the afternoon. The mechanic looked at it and took the bus right out of service. I'm driving a spare bus in the meantime. However, I'm grateful that nothing serious happened.

Edited by John M.

This happened a couple days ago. I'm a type 2 diabetic. That afternoon when I got home from work I did my workout and then started to have dinner. Right about that time my sugar level decides to take a hard dive that gave me the shakes. Thankfully after I ate and took a glucose tablet I was okay. 

59 minutes ago, Plasticated Guy said:

This happened a couple days ago. I'm a type 2 diabetic. That afternoon when I got home from work I did my workout and then started to have dinner. Right about that time my sugar level decides to take a hard dive that gave me the shakes. Thankfully after I ate and took a glucose tablet I was okay. 

Diabetes is no joke. My mother was type 1 and both of my brothers are type 2. To say I'm at risk is an understatement.

On 7/13/2023 at 11:18 AM, Plasticated Guy said:

I guess I'm what they call pre-diabetic as I have bouts of hypoglycemia. If it hits seems to be early morning before breakfast or between breakfast and lunch.

If I eat too early or am late on lunch it will hit me.

It hits quick too with little warning most times!

Doctors still can't tell me what is causing it, my a1c is good and I'm never on the high side.

3 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

I guess I'm what they call pre-diabetic as I have bouts of hypoglycemia. If it hits seems to be early morning before breakfast or between breakfast and lunch.

If I eat too early or am late on lunch it will hit me.

It hits quick too with little warning most times!

Doctors still can't tell me what is causing it, my a1c is good and I'm never on the high side.

I've been hypoglycemic since I was a kid. I understand what you're dealing with as it happens to me too! Like in your case my doctors have never been able to determine my root cause either. I've just learned to live with it.