Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 3/18/2024 at 7:17 PM, 89AKurt said:

Saw this the other day, noticed they are from Alaska!  Looks like a cool camper, never saw one before.

IMG_8210.thumb.jpeg.cb39eff3c8a3d8b0e07f76636aa551a8.jpeg

Obviously well insulated and a match for the cold. That pic reminds me of a cousin's experience with an in-box camper. Early one morning at a campground, a couple of young pranksters closed the tailgate on him and ran away laughing.

Only has to happen once, or if you're smart, not even that 🤣

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Russell C said:

Could. Not. Resist. . . . .  fixing his rearward visibility problem.

MBenz.jpg.71713ba180cad170824268fe649d77dc.jpg

when i first saw the super small back window i was like what's the point? you can't see anything out of that.  oddly enough i think your bigger back window looks better.

anyway, today i drove past Top Rank Imports on my way home.

IMG_20240404_161823003_HDR12.jpg

Edited by Suburban_Hooligan
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2024 at 11:56 PM, Joe Handley said:

Just saw a load of Cybertrucks on my home from work today.IMG_8187.thumb.jpeg.b327ee359c9eaa47f58c34c03281fa1c.jpeg

Wasn’t that impressed.

They don't export to us in the UK. Perhaps that's a good thing.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, PatW said:

They don't export to us in the UK. Perhaps that's a good thing.

Yeah, between these and GM’s new EV SUVs, I’m not sure if the roads over there are big enough.  They’re all massive.

Beautiful Spring day, took my Mustang for a spin.  Saw 3 clean ‘80s-90s Corvettes out for Sunday drives also.   Took advantage of the weather to take pics of my vehicles in my driveway.    Later took the Caddy out for lunch and drove the beautiful Chagrin River Road  Saw several more nice Corvettes and Porsches of various vintages (incl. an '80s 911 wide body w/ whale tail in a bright green), and a gorgeous black Caddy XLR-V rolling top down.  

IMG_2883.jpeg

IMG_2890.jpeg

IMG_2877.jpeg

Edited by Rob Hall

5 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Yeah, between these and GM’s new EV SUVs, I’m not sure if the roads over there are big enough.  They’re all massive.

Our EV charging network isn't extensive enough for everyone to have an EV anyway. Parts of London have a massive number of charger stations or on-street charging. More than the rest of the UK  put together. The cars are far too expensive and too heavy for our tarmac road surfaces.