Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

3 hours ago, Roger U said:

Steve,  the photo was taken with my I-phone. When I enlarge it as much as I can on the phone, under the C in California it says CHEV The longer line of type is very hard to read but looks like it shows vehicle ID number and an expiration date.

Wish the owner would have been close by so I could have asked about it.

OK, that says a lot. There were repops on Corvette C4 chassis (as well as Lincoln chassis). If DMV calls it a Chevrolet, that must be what it is.

On 11/20/2023 at 8:31 PM, JollySipper said:

Pour some gas down the carb and set the points...... It should fire right up!  :D

(I used to have one of those, they're really tough trucks...)

Have you ever watched "Vice Grip Garage" on the Motor Trend Channel? 

48 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

They have an old 'beater' D100, right? I believe there's is a Utiline......... Right show?

He does have an old Dodge Tow Truck I know. The story line is that he buys these old cars online sight unseen and that have sat for years. He goes out to different states and revives them and drives them back home. His Shtick is calling various engine parts by some weird name, but you can figure out what he is talking about. I will say I think he is a pretty good if not primitive mechanic. 

got out of work early today and cruised PCH through Orange County. all i was able to get a pic of was a DB11.  but i also saw an Audi R8 (first gen), Lamborghini Huracan, 2 Ferrari 458's (i think, not great at IDing Ferrari's anymore) (one was a spider), some Maserati SUV with super squeaky brakes.  enough C8 Corvettes to make you hate them.  and handfuls of 911's.  including some kind of GT# RS.

IMG_20231122_144122131_HDR1.jpg

3 hours ago, 37 caddy said:

That Dodge truck looks like it was a school bus in a former life,the roof looks to be cut off at the top of the windsheild? harvey

That could explain the current state!

Roof is definitely gone. There appears to be no body at all past the windshield frame. And the front clip is a sort of orange-y colour. Could be school bus yellow.

I want to investigate further. Next time I'm in that area, I'll venture into the field.

Not car related but odd out of place sorts. On my North courier run for BOCES, I've been meaning to take a pic of it....

A side note: there is no major airport within at least a 2 hour's drive in all directions from Dolgeville, NY

So if anybody is in need of a set of wheels to a 747 or some other like it, here's your chance to buy them. LOL...

20231121_093429.jpg

Edited by BlackSheep214

On 11/24/2023 at 12:04 PM, BlackSheep214 said:

Not car related but odd out of place sorts. On my North courier run for BOCES, I've been meaning to take a pic of it....

A side note: there is no major airport within at least a 2 hour's drive in all directions from Dolgeville, NY

So if anybody is in need of a set of wheels to a 747 or some other like it, here's your chance to buy them. LOL...

20231121_093429.jpg

How many plies are they? Might make some great sand tires for a dune buggy. 

• Like 1

I saw a 64 Pontiac Catalina today like this one(was driving and couldn’t get a pic)it was the same color with a white painted top and what looked like polished torque thrusts. Older guy driving, I gave him a thumbs up and he smiled and waved and goosed it a little. Sounded very healthy to me.

IMG_9250.jpeg

• Like 3