Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Saw a derelict looking Mercury Zephyr 4dr at an intersection...looked like it had been painted matte black w/ rattle cans..chrome trim, bumpers, etc all black.  Haven't seen a Zephyr or Fairmont in what feels like decades...

On 2/19/2024 at 9:34 PM, stitchdup said:

I just finished a custom cyber truck model. i gave it a custom bumper and a usable bed but its otherwise stock. the wrap is custom too. 

DSC09149.JPG

DSC09150.JPG

WOW! Wicked truck!

On 2/19/2024 at 2:32 PM, oldcarfan said:

Saw a load of Teslas at a truck stop near Abilene, Texas. The truck bodies' stainless is multicolored like they weathered by a military modeler.

tesla.jpg

tesla2.jpg

Being trailered by a DIESEL

On 2/25/2024 at 7:42 PM, bogger44 said:

Saw this '79 F150 out behind a local Ford dealership today.  And, while way back in September, this van who's owner has a good sense of humor.

2v2enbykHxAKN8F.jpg

2v2enby79xAKN8F.jpg

Do you suppose he camps down by the river? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, peteski said:

While I see the irony, there currently aren't any viable fully electric tractors for this type of hauling.  Baby steps . . .    :D

well you say that but there is an efficient network of electric vehicles that can pull a lot more than 9 cars and its been used by every auto manufacturer for over 100 years.

90016_waits_at_Rugby_6-WikiCommons-Harry-Mitchell.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

well you say that but there is an efficient network of electric vehicles that can pull a lot more than 9 cars and its been used by every auto manufacturer for over 100 years.

90016_waits_at_Rugby_6-WikiCommons-Harry-Mitchell.jpg

Not in the US, nothing cross country at the very least.

1 hour ago, peteski said:

While I see the irony, there currently aren't any viable fully electric tractors for this type of hauling.  Baby steps . . .    :D

They should be using the Tesla semi to haul them.... jus' sayin'

1 hour ago, stitchdup said:

Yes, but not in "Amurica".

I'm sure that you know that the American railroad network is nothing like European or Asian network, but also there are very little electrified part of the railroad.  Diesel locomotives are what is used. They still belch stinky exhaust.  And those Diesel-powered trains do  transport lots of new cars to various destinations in cars likely much larger than the European counterparts.

automax-train-004_01.jpg

Edited by peteski