Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

3 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

Gee if you didn't live so far away I'd be willing to ride by to see if you have discarded any model kits.. 😆 all joking aside its a pretty neat idea and everyone benefits.

Although I've never given any away, I do cruise around in hopes of finding discarded kits!

It's funny, because people put furniture out. Couches, chairs, tables, lamps, etc.

And every year, those crazy teens will set up some comfort at the skatepark. There will be a full living room set up at the skatepark. Sofas, loveseats, tables, lamps. You name it. 

And of course, like clockwork, the fuddy duddies will be complaining on the local facebook page about those darn kids.

And I'll chuckle, because that's exactly the sort of harmless nonsense I did as a youth.

• Like 2

We verified that the new Ford Maverick my wife has been eye balling will fit in our small garage. We sign the papers on Monday. 

Happy wife, happy life.

• Like 3

I don't know where it all came from, but my property this year is overrun with honeysuckle and some kind of flowering bush or shrub...and they both smell wonderful.

I open my windows at night and the exhaust fan pulls it in. S'really nice.  B)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I don't know where it all came from, but my property this year is overrun with honeysuckle and some kind of flowering bush or shrub...and they both smell wonderful.

I can remember as a kid eating the honeysuckle off the bush at my grandmothers. My other grandmother had what was known as a Bubby bush in her yard which I took saplings off of and still have 40 years later, it had a very distinct sent that was sweet with a twist of spice.. (Photo)

Screenshot_20240502-205242(1).png

• Like 2

Back from my latest hearing test, last one 3 years ago. Some slight deterioration in hearing but the big news is a set of new hearing aids.

These not only sound louder and clearer but are Bluetooth enabled direct to my iPhone. So I can now be one of those odd people talking to themselves as they walk along. 

Many thanks to our wonderful NHS and their hard working staff!

steve 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 10:46 AM, ksnow said:

We verified that the new Ford Maverick my wife has been eye balling will fit in our small garage. We sign the papers on Monday. 

Happy wife, happy life.

Congrats!   Funny thing, my daughter's friend just named her son  "Maverick"...  I told my daughter that it was a 1970s low cost car!  I forgot the name was put on the new pickup. I see a lot of these and new Broncos around town.😂

Lots to be pleased and grateful for over the last week.

First off got a pacemaker on Friday. The changes in how I feel are amazing.

Second my weight is 210 ,I haven't been that weight in a long time. On January 2 I was 299 because of the edema.

Once I get off of my restrictions from the surgery in 6 weeks I can start getting myself back into shape.

I am very grateful and bless that things have gone smoothly. I definitely have a new lease on life.

• Like 6

Isn't great trying to sleep with the arm torture device?  Good to hear you're feeling better.  My pacemaker didn't really do anything to make me feel better and I am still very tired all the time.  Turns out I have sleep apnea and I 'll be getting the machine and mask later this week.

I'm lucky that I usually sleep on my right side. It is a challenge to do things using one arm when wearing it. Fortunately it's only necessary at nigght.i just have to be careful when it is off.

Fortunately I can get some great model building done.

Actually yesterday, but I went and got a library card for the local library. First book checked out was Lord of the Flies.......... It felt pretty good just to get out of my apartment, too......

• Like 3

On 5/2/2024 at 1:36 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

A wee stroll doon ta tha crik, trees coming alive with leaves unfurling and releasing that natural perfume, is worth every minute.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2024 at 3:23 PM, crazyjim said:

Isn't great trying to sleep with the arm torture device?  Good to hear you're feeling better.  My pacemaker didn't really do anything to make me feel better and I am still very tired all the time.  Turns out I have sleep apnea and I 'll be getting the machine and mask later this week.

The sleep apnea could and more then likely has you feeling bad Mr Jim…

1 hour ago, crazyjim said:

I have no energy Carl and am always tired.  Did 2 sleep studies and now I'm just waiting for insurance to approve the machine and mask.  Supposed to be a couple of weeks.

Something to consider with a C-Pap machine. There are a few different head gear options. The main thing to look at is how the breather positions on your nose. Some of these put a lot of pressure against your upper lip under your nose. Over a period of time this can affect your upper front teeth. The constant pressure over time can and will often push your teeth back some. This can affect your bite in that your lower teeth will strike or rub against your upper teeth when you close your mouth or eat.   

Today is a special day in my life with my lovely wife, this is our 39th anniversary. I have been in love with this woman for half of my life and I'm blessed that she shares the same feelings towards myself. We have faced the good and the bad in life even the sickness and health bit as well. We have always been there for one another when moral and emotional support has been needed. I would hope that each and every one of you here have a similar relationship in your lives. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, espo said:

Today is a special day in my life with my lovely wife, this is our 39th anniversary. I have been in love with this woman for half of my life and I'm blessed that she shares the same feelings towards myself. We have faced the good and the bad in life even the sickness and health bit as well. We have always been there for one another when moral and emotional support has been needed. I would hope that each and every one of you here have a similar relationship in your lives. 

Congratulations David, same can be said here with my wife of 48 years.

Enjoy ya'll's day!!👍☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, espo said:

Congratulations David and the Mrs!

• Thanks 1

Been waiting years for it but one of my late dad's favorite movies is on Bit Chute out of the UK. It's similar to to our YouTube and the movie is "Oceans 11" from 1960 with the original Rat Pack. I watched it with him a couple of times many moons ago and I'm hooked. I have it booked mark so I can watch it this upcoming holiday weekend. 

• Like 2

Over the past week, I've finished building three new planters in the backyard, and managed to get them filled with fresh garden mix. Wifey can plant now. 

And I finished a model. Been a while.