Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sad Sad Sad News: Our Harry Passed Away

HARRY, YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED FOR ALL FOR YOU FINE CRITIQUES, FAIR CRITICISMS, AND THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS MODELED. YOU HAD AN EYE FOR DETAIL. YOU WERE THE KIND OF GUY A MODELER WOULD WANT TO MEET. A PERSON WHO WOULD HELP ANYONE TO BUILD IT BETTER, FASTER, CLEANER, MORE REALISTIC, ETC.     NOW YOU ARE UP THERE WITH ALL THE MODELERS WHO GONE BEFORE US ( I.E. GERALD WINGROVE ETC.), TO LOOK DOWN ON OUR BUILDS NOW.  ON A PROBLEM ON A  MODEL BUILD,WE CAN ASK FOR HELP FROM HEAVEN BECAUSE HARRY P. IS THERE TO INTERCEDE FOR US. THANK YOU HARRY FOR  BEING YOU!!!

I never met Harry personally but I worked very closely with him via distance business methods over the last ten years or so.  Harry was a much larger presence in the production, content, and look of the magazine than I think most people realize.  He was always fair and was a straight shooter to the nnnth degree, and I thoroughly enjoyed working with him at every step of the way.   

It was only after I retired and had the time to devote to reading this forum that I became aware of Harry's many other talents, not the least of which were his fabulous big scale historic models.  

Like many of you, I was hoping and praying that Harry would come through his sickness, but it was not to be.  I believe he is in a better place now, and I add my condolences to his family and friends, as well as those that worked with him in his role here at the forum and the magazine. 

TIM

Edited by tim boyd

I am truly saddened by the loss of such a kindred spirit.  I never met this giant of a man in person, but was privileged to exchange views through private messages and books through the mail.  We've all felt his absence throughout his illness, but it is a sobering thought to realize that he won't be coming back.  As has been said already: We are all richer for having known him, and poorer for having lost him.  My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Goodbye, Harry.

Sad news R.I.P Harry, a very talented model builder in his own right as well as his photography and editorial skills, and that dry sense of humour I'll miss that.

Your free from pain now Harry. ......rest well

Image result for rearview mirrorImage result for sideview mirror

R.I.P Harry!!!  :(

Bravo. But you left out the distributor mount.

Harry and I were very much alike – we never met face to face, but our correspondence online and offline was very important to me. We're both shy and never broke the fourth wall of direct contact, until he called to thank me for my contribution. I will forever be proud for him giving me a shout-out in his book for helping him with car reference. So sad that the Pocher Rolls-Royce shooting brake never got finished, but you can see where he was heading in his 1/16 version, replete with Purdey shotguns.

Edited by sjordan2