Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Accomplish Today? (Model Car Work)

Sorry about that....🙂

I used model master aluminum on the trans, testors silver chrome on the intake and model master chevy engine red on the block, heads, oil pan and valve covers.... I still need to paint the oil filter AC Blue 🔵.....

I did top off the bottles of Testors silver chrome and the Chevy engine red enamel paints with Testors air brush thinner and added a few stainless steel BB's in the bottles to mix the paint better while shaking....

The brush I used is a round Loew-Cornell #2.... 🙂

IMG_20210507_071745.jpg

Edited by Deuces ll

I finished my Revell Kustom Chopper today and posted it in Under Glass "All the Rest" (check it out). Now I am sorting through about 5 gallon bags full of parts to separate them as to what busted up built kit they go to......fun!

Later-

10 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

Sorry about that....🙂

I used model master aluminum on the trans, testors silver chrome on the intake and model master chevy engine red on the block, heads, oil pan and valve covers.... I still need to paint the oil filter AC Blue 🔵.....

I did top off the bottles of Testors silver chrome and the Chevy engine red enamel paints with Testors air brush thinner and added a few stainless steel BB's in the bottles to mix the paint better while shaking....

The brush I used is a round Loew-Cornell #2.... 🙂

IMG_20210507_071745.jpg

Thanks for replying Guido.  All paints I also use.

E5F593AB-70DA-46D9-AB0C-1BE28A7294F1.jpeg.98d8d182217d1d24bd799bfe14556364.jpeg

Upon finishing the Valiant Speedster, I found my Datsun pickup in its box, just needing some final details to get it into my display case. 

Yes that is the Foose pickup chassis, I shortened to fit the Datsun pickup wheelbase. I figured out how to mount the radiator and upper hose. I added side marker lights onto the body and now am fiddling with minor details in the engine bay.

A1D5D8A7-E563-4110-88AA-9203CAF19EFE.jpeg.21da5f01891865006dd81688aabf274f.jpeg

I got every part that needed sprayed on my newest project sprayed today (after getting some subassemblies together last night), except the socks (which I forgot to do), so I'll brush paint them as I go, and the 2nd body color (it's 2 tone), which I'll do later in the week 😛 

My 60 Chevy pick up has been stalled as I waited for a 6 cyl. distributor I ordered awhile ago. Got tired of waiting so today I made one. Not great but it will do. What do you want to bet the one I ordered will arrive tomorrow ?  😀

I cut up two resin Willys cabs and made one that is stretched a scale 5”. This will be for a future project.🤔 It’s too bad Willys didn’t do this in the first place! I think it looks a whole lot better....and the extra legroom would sure be appreciated.

3253CA2D-E780-4DA5-9D71-3FC11C4593A4.jpeg

1B649EBE-B939-4179-B1D7-7FF659B2C7F4.jpeg

48A48C2B-E208-462F-9E04-8FA2959E3D6A.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

Been plugging away at this for awhile now.  It was started 8-9ish years ago. All I had finished was the bare chassis.  It has a resin panel truck body with smoothed hood and running boards. If you look at pictures of the real thing, you can tell it is not 100% accurate, but still looks good. I now have the wheels and paint figured out. Still much to go.

20210523_215346.jpg

20210523_220233.jpg

Edited by Sam I Am

On 5/7/2021 at 1:29 PM, cobraman said:

I won the fight at getting the interior in the AMT 60 Chevy pickup I'm working on. I just did not want to go in. Found I had to cut back a little the slot that held the dash to the interior.

Had to do the same thing to the one that I built. The dash was moved closer to the seat by widening the slots.

On 5/19/2021 at 11:11 AM, vamach1 said:

Got some paint on this Revell Shelby convertible body.  Not sure if I will BMF the windshield frame or use the Motolow pen.

2891446F-52F2-4C87-8F81-702BCD91AD1A.jpeg

Gorgeous color, Rex! Which paint code/color is it?

I haven’t been at the bench for at least a week.  I got maxed out on model building and ordered ten yards of mulch and have been working on my gardens as my creative outlet. 

Tomorrow I have a meeting with a small Pharma that needs help. It may be time I take on a work project.

On 5/26/2021 at 6:07 PM, mk11 said:

Gorgeous color, Rex! Which paint code/color is it?

It’s a can I ordered of Dark Aqua (or Gulfstram Aqua) which I have only been able to find online as automotive paint in large spray cans.

I may spray more coats as I noticed the hood was not completely covered and I resprayed it.

61E84E94-64E4-4EB2-BD9F-F3EC9F21C996.jpeg

27FB5430-927C-4ADB-AFBF-27D77B06DEAF.jpeg