Model Cars Magazine Forum

What wagon is Round 2 alluding to? Which Station Wagon would you like to see a model kit of?

On 5/25/2020 at 6:30 PM, charlie8575 said:

Will this be coming in resin, Paul? If so, I'll take one.

Charlie Larkin

Yes Charlie it will be available in kit form. Will be a complete kit. Here's the completed master and related parts. The taillights and glass are not shown but will be present. Paul

DSCF9184.JPG

DSCF9185.JPG

DSCF9186.JPG

DSCF9187.JPG

DSCF9190.JPG

DSCF9191.JPG

DSCF9192.JPG

On 5/21/2020 at 8:48 PM, Snake45 said:

Hey, I had an original idea (I don't think it's been mentioned before in this thread, anyway). 

Wouldn't it be fairly easy to tool up a '57 Nomad from AMT's "new" '57 Chevy? I'll take two, please! 

And just realized, it wouldn't have to be a Nomad. They could easily tool up either 2 or 4 door wagons or sedan deliveries on the '57 OR the '55 Chevy basic platforms. 

If it's a kit which is coming from the vault, I wouldn't mind seeing a '62 Special or a '60 Chevy. If Round 2 is modifying tooling, I would be happy with a '66 Nova, '67 Impala, or a B-body Mopar. If they are cutting an all new tool, I want to sign up for a '64 Mercury Comet, just like the one I used to own. Plenty of potential building styles for this one, IMHO!

P9193498.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 5:50 PM, Paul Hettick said:

Yes Charlie it will be available in kit form. Will be a complete kit. Here's the completed master and related parts. The taillights and glass are not shown but will be present. Paul

DSCF9184.JPG

DSCF9185.JPG

DSCF9186.JPG

DSCF9187.JPG

DSCF9190.JPG

DSCF9191.JPG

DSCF9192.JPG

On 5/30/2020 at 5:53 PM, Paul Hettick said:

A 59 Plymouth Sport Suburban will follow.

*Wipes drool from the keyboard.*

I can't wait.

Charlie Larkin

I have a bunch...

I've seen a little speculation that R2 could take some of the Auto World Clamshell wagons, like the 1974-'76 Buick Estate Wagon or the '73 Chevy, and turn that into a kit. If that happened, I'd be buying a case, and I'm not kidding.

The idea of a 1968-'70 Satellite or Coronet wagon has a lot of appeal. Those were nice-looking cars.

I'm wondering if they might do a '41 Plymouth woodie? I would buy at least two because they're such a pretty car.

There's a lot of possibilities here.

If a new tool, I'd love to see a 1959-'68 Chrysler Town & Country, with the optional parts to build one of the famous Massachusetts Turnpike Authority wagons. These had all kinds of neat police equipment and a stretcher because they were also used as ambulances. The '68s I am told had Six-Pack 440s. That would be pretty awesome.

Charlie Larkin

11 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

I have a bunch...

I've seen a little speculation that R2 could take some of the Auto World Clamshell wagons, like the 1974-'76 Buick Estate Wagon or the '73 Chevy, and turn that into a kit. If that happened, I'd be buying a case, and I'm not kidding.

The idea of a 1968-'70 Satellite or Coronet wagon has a lot of appeal. Those were nice-looking cars.

I'm wondering if they might do a '41 Plymouth woodie? I would buy at least two because they're such a pretty car.

There's a lot of possibilities here.

If a new tool, I'd love to see a 1959-'68 Chrysler Town & Country, with the optional parts to build one of the famous Massachusetts Turnpike Authority wagons. These had all kinds of neat police equipment and a stretcher because they were also used as ambulances. The '68s I am told had Six-Pack 440s. That would be pretty awesome.

Charlie Larkin

That would be something if Round 2 did do a 68-70 Satellite or Coronet wagon.  Lot of good possibilities with this.  68 Coronet wagon towing a trailer with the 68 Coronet Feverbee on it. 

Can do a police or fire chief wagon, stock wagon.  Lot's of building variations can be done with it.

No 68 b-body cars came with the 440 6-pack.  Six-pack cars came out in late 69.  Those were the M code cars.

On 6/19/2020 at 10:51 AM, GMP440 said:

That would be something if Round 2 did do a 68-70 Satellite or Coronet wagon.  Lot of good possibilities with this.  68 Coronet wagon towing a trailer with the 68 Coronet Feverbee on it. 

Can do a police or fire chief wagon, stock wagon.  Lot's of building variations can be done with it.

No 68 b-body cars came with the 440 6-pack.  Six-pack cars came out in late 69.  Those were the M code cars.

The six-pack was for the Town & Country (C-body). The Massachusetts Turnpike Authority had around a dozen of them up and down the pike, Perhaps I'm mistaken on carb set-up, but I  do know they were set up with some sort of high-performance 413/440, depending on year.

Charlie Larkin

On 6/19/2020 at 9:51 AM, GMP440 said:

There is a surviving "Border patrol" 69 Belvedere wagon with a 383 Magnum. Top engine available on paper was the 383 2bl. Have to assume it was built to a contract with the government.

69 Belvedere Wagon.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carmak said:

There is a surviving "Border patrol" 69 Belvedere wagon with a 383 Magnum. Top engine available on paper was the 383 2bl. Have to assume it was built to a contract with the government.

Sounds like the "4-door Road Runners" that were built in 69 and 70 for law enforcement, including LAPD. Kind of interesting to me that they had a rear stabilizer bar.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Luc Janssens said:

Darn...and I thought I had it cracked...Ha!

Didn't think they would sink in the necessary fund to restore the Nova, but a happy camper nevertheless, it's a cool neat little wagon, and we never can't have enough of those do we?!

Has anyone with definite knowledge confirmed the '63 Chevy II Nova wagon IS the wagon mentioned in the Round2 video?