Model Cars Magazine Forum

Supra Nova

Chuck Most

Here we have the AMT '63 Chevrolet Nova, fitted with the turbo six from a '95 Toyota Supra, SSR Star Shark wheels and low profile tires from Aoshima, and a tweaked ride height. The paint is Testors Pure Gold. I hit it with a Krylon flat clear that I knew would splotch the paint and give it a weathered look.

I found out that the Toyota six requires a bit less fitment work to get into the car than a stock six from a Trumpeter Nova. I really wish Round 2 had gone the extra two or three steps and provided a stock six cylinder for this kit, but it is what it is I guess. At least the provided engine bay is reasonably detailed. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to see how well the '66 Pro Street chassis might work under this body...

1.jpg.1aef2a5694cefa2f35a0682e084fc4d9.jpg2.jpg.32d57ea189ea0bd2b6e8e9e35765bacb.jpg3.jpg.e72061556b650222a3d16513060320e2.jpg4.jpg.36579fda86575f0d3f54120e7bb558f0.jpg

2 hours ago, Chuck Most said:

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to see how well the '66 Pro Street chassis might work under this body...

Look for Ranma's thread on his second one. He describes exactly where and how to trim the '66 chassis to fit under the '63 body. I followed his tips and now have a '66 Pro Street chassis sitting under a junk '65 Nova body that I'm working on rehabilitating. B)

• 8 months later...