Model Cars Magazine Forum

Goldenrod Completed

I built this Jimmy Flintstone kit for the 24 hour build . This is about all I would stand any chance of finishing--and, I did! I made the open header ends and the pushbar. It's far from perfect, but, hey, it's amazing enough I finished in the allotted time! It was a fun project. It looks much better than the first one I built 23 years, or so, ago. That's a good sign! Hope you like it. Thanks for looking!

DSC_0004cr.jpg

DSC_0009cr.jpg

DSC_0010cr.jpg

DSC_0013cr.jpg

DSC_0024cr.jpg

DSC_0033cr.jpg

DSC_0039cr.jpg

DSC_0044cr.jpg

WOW Daniel, it's stunning to know you delivered this project in less than 24 hours!!!   Of course, you could tell me that it's a pretty simple build but you even took the time to make custom parts... it's really amazing my friend!   There is no way I could do this and it proves your great talent and love for our favorite hobby!   I also really love the color as Claude mentioned but it is only the coating of an impressive effort, I take my hat off to you nice man!!! 🏆👌

18 hours ago, Venom said:

Wow! Nice job!

Thanks, Josh!

18 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Nice work...what color?

Hi, Dave. It's Dupli-Color Ford Sunburst Gold. Thank you, sir.

18 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Daniel!

Great job, stunning for a "one day challenge". Bravo. As to the color: is-it Tamya's Titanium gold (acrylic)?  It looks a lot like it...

There can never be too many Bonneville cars. We are just a few members of the "Flat Earth Society" it appears, alas...

CT 

Thanks, so much, Claude! I reckon you've seen my reply, above, regarding the  color. Yes, I love lakes and salt racers! I have a tank lakester I built years ago, as well. I also have an idea for a Blowfish inspired 'Cuda. I enjoy your flats racers, a ton, my friend. And, I agree--it would be great to see more of them!

17 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

WOW Daniel, it's stunning to know you delivered this project in less than 24 hours!!!   Of course, you could tell me that it's a pretty simple build but you even took the time to make custom parts... it's really amazing my friend!   There is no way I could do this and it proves your great talent and love for our favorite hobby!   I also really love the color as Claude mentioned but it is only the coating of an impressive effort, I take my hat off to you nice man!!! 🏆👌

Francis. Thank you, sir! I am as stunned as you! Hahaha I don't usually  attempt timed challenges, because, for me, it's as much about the  journey to the display case, as it is a completed project. Indeed, I will tell you it's a simple build--for once, I managed to keep it that way! 🙂 Still, there are some things, that just can't go ignored. Those pipes were one of them--I HAD to do something with them! As always, I appreciate your kind words, my friend.

8 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

This is beautiful. Maybe the ultimate hot rod.

Thanks, Phil. It is a gorgeous car! And a badassed one, at that!

5 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Think Daniel is still making up the lack of sleep. 😅  That came out great!   Yes, what is the paint!!!!!!

Hahaha! Actually, I work nights, so, I didn't lose much sleep, at all--a couple of hours before  the "start" to sort out the pipes, and be sure I had enough of the  proper sized tubing. I did--but, just! Thank you,  Kurt! In case you missed it in the replies,above, the paint is Dupli-Color Ford Sunburst Gold. It's pretty  nice, with a  wide variety of tones/hues, given changes in light.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to have a look and comment. It's always appreciated!

7 minutes ago, TooOld said:

That's pretty freaking cool !  Never seen one built before and now I want one ! :D

Sooo is it Titanium Gold or Ford Sunburst Gold ? 

It's the Ford Sunburst Gold Metallic from Dupli-Color. Thanks, Bob! It's a neat "little" kit that can double as a nightstick! 😁 I think they can still be found on Ebay, from time to time.