Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

23 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

The rear greenhouse is not shaped correctly. The lower window bottom to top line is more parallel as is the upper window. Looks like most of the issue is in the rear roofline shape, seems to rise at the rear. Hard to tell from the photo but the bodyline over the rear wheel looks wonky too. Appears to extend into the rear door too far. The door handles also appear to be almost level on the real car while there's a distinct difference on the resin kit.

Who's the caster?

EthIOYu.jpg

Resin Model Ranch

On February 13, 2019 at 2:58 PM, Snake45 said:

Got my Green Camaro today. Can hardly wait to start polishing up that lovely green plastic! I might use the decals too--they look pretty sharp and would set it apart from my polished silver and red ones. B)

Been thinking on getting ne one Snake....

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:03 PM, Phirewriter said:

The rear greenhouse is not shaped correctly. The lower window bottom to top line is more parallel as is the upper window. Looks like most of the issue is in the rear roofline shape, seems to rise at the rear. Hard to tell from the photo but the bodyline over the rear wheel looks wonky too. Appears to extend into the rear door too far. The door handles also appear to be almost level on the real car while there's a distinct difference on the resin kit.

Who's the caster?

EthIOYu.jpg

Now that's a beautiful sight!!!!

Got all of these yesterday and today. The Flintstone delivery from eBay.

http://IMG_20190214_190305332.jpg

http://IMG_20190214_190314078_1.jpg

Other than the flash (cleaned it up last night in about an hour) it is a clean casting. It has a small chip out of the passenger rear wheel lip. No big deal.

The VW and Ghia I got in a trade with SCRWDRVR. Thanks, Buddy!

http://IMG_20190215_090015034.jpg

The Crown Vic I got on clearance yesterday at the LHS. I bought it for the display case and have the Vic up for trade in that section, if anyone is interested.

http://IMG_20190215_064741412.jpg

Later-

9 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

The VW and Ghia I got in a trade with SCRWDRVR. Thanks, Buddy!

http://IMG_20190215_090015034.jpg

How does the Ghia kit compare to the Bug kit? Is it similar and parts count in layout or is it more or less complex? Any chance you could post a pic of the contents?

I built that Bug as a kid and I have picked up another to have a second go at it. Didn't know that they made a Ghia as well. Always liked them.

The Ghia kit is sealed at the moment. When I get back to the shop I'll open it and take photos. Mark is correct in that it is a convertible with separate roof. I would imagine that it has a similar parts count and look since it is from the same maker and series.

Later-

Picked this up at a local flea market. Then went to the local hobby shop to see if he got the 1959 Imperial in. He got some new kits but couldn’t get that one. I might have to buy it on line as it seems EBay is the only place.

camaro.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo
Forgot to include the photo.

On 2/15/2019 at 1:00 PM, Modlbldr said:

The Ghia kit is sealed at the moment. When I get back to the shop I'll open it and take photos. Mark is correct in that it is a convertible with separate roof. I would imagine that it has a similar parts count and look since it is from the same maker and series.

Later-

I had the Gunze Ghia kit; as I remember it (could be wrong) it had some vinyl parts including seats.  I've still got the oval-window Beetle with all that vinyl stuff, and am not wild about the idea of having to use all of it.

And WHEN will someone do a split-window Beetle in 1/24 scale?  The lack of one is absolutely baffling...

24 minutes ago, Mark said:

And WHEN will someone do a split-window Beetle in 1/24 scale?  The lack of one is absolutely baffling...

M2 has it in diecast right now. I've seen several different iterations of it in person and they look pretty good, they just haven't offered a variant that particularly interested me. 

1 hour ago, Mark said:

I had the Gunze Ghia kit; as I remember it (could be wrong) it had some vinyl parts including seats.  I've still got the oval-window Beetle with all that vinyl stuff, and am not wild about the idea of  to use all of it.

Yeah. I'm not excited about the vinyl parts either but I got tired of waiting for a reasonably priced Ghia from the other manufacturer and this one came available in a trade. Now I just need to find out what primer and paint works best on the vinyl parts.

Later-

2 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Picked this up at a local flea market. Then went to the local hobby shop to see if he got the 1959 Imperial in. He got some new kits but couldn’t get that one. I might have to buy it on line as it seems EBay is the only place.

camaro.jpeg

Great find at a fle market..

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Finally got the 69 Camero PE set for the model I finished two weeks ago !  Didn’t realize it would take so long to get this set . No plans on building another 69 Camaro so ....... oh well ! 

348E79BF-2812-45F2-B8AE-2B4E0D2F0852.jpeg

Hang on to that friend the bug my bite to do another one..

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...