Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Just picked up from the post office. Both come with a pe set and glass. The reason I got 2 is I couldn't decided between the square lights pictured on the box or the morette style twin light conversion. They also both have euro and us rear parts included. The quality is just as good as the ucsp wagon I am currently finishing off

DSC05549.JPG

5 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

I've never dealt with Jimmy Flintstone before, although I've heard nothing but good things about there products, so I've just ordered a few '57 Ford's, a Ranchero pick up and Courier van

NB304LF_web.jpg

NB305A_web.jpg

Geoff, I want to watch when you start these....Al

Got this in the mail from Steve G. [thanks again!]

There were stickers on the seats, came right off like scotch tape.

I'd been wanting a '64 Pontiac to do a mild custom ,, shaved trim and door handles and painted candy orange but the trim on this one is too nice to shave off so it'll be more of a stock build , just  nice paint, lowered with white walls and some sort of mags.

Gotta decide on a new color now though. 

IMG 2540

IMG 2541 

6 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Got this in the mail from Steve G. [thanks again!]

There were stickers on the seats, came right off like scotch tape.

I'd been wanting a '64 Pontiac to do a mild custom ,, shaved trim and door handles and painted candy orange but the trim on this one is too nice to shave off so it'll be more of a stock build , just  nice paint, lowered with white walls and some sort of mags.

Gotta decide on a new color now though. 

IMG 2540

IMG 2541 

If it wasn't for the hole in the hood, it would be darned near perfect! ;)

You don't get to paint it "Sunfire Red"!

That one is mine!! :D

Steve

8 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

If it wasn't for the hole in the hood, it would be darned near perfect! ;)

You don't get to paint it "Sunfire Red"!

That one is mine!! :D

Steve

I woke up in the middle of the night last night with the color ,,, light sage green pearl.  Medium sage top. 

something along these lines. I think it works good with the strait, slab sides of the car, similar to what the Pontiac has.

Image result for sage green chevy

1 hour ago, Can-Con said:

I woke up in the middle of the night last night with the color ,,, light sage green pearl.  Medium sage top. 

something along these lines. I think it works good with the strait, slab sides of the car, similar to what the Pontiac has.

The color was "Pinehurst Green" in 1964.

Must have been a fairly rare color.

I haven't found a single picture of a '64 Grand Prix in that color.

But I did find this Catalina.

Looks good in that color!

Steve

image.png.29bd99e039670f4e14f49fa02f0568b6.png

image.png.e4a7308ac77fd7739a173ce9011d55f8.png

Once again, caught them other cats napping:

247656999_62chryslerstuff.jpg.dc1e5c4c1c9987fd1eb95664a3e57cb4.jpg

Nearly complete '62 Chrysler with some duplicate bits; looks like a mix of original and reissue, but most importantly:

2135115467_62chryslerstuff2.jpg.9f272fbb4767146757f948c37d935767.jpg

Original issue interior :D. Been after one for a long time! Can't believe there were no other bids at $19.99. Needs a rear bumper and maybe headlights but those are easier to get. 

Got this today. Only auto kit there besides planes and ships. Molded in orange. Edit - Save your money. Nothing lines up. The chassis is too long and the screw holes don't line up. Not a great kit. But I got some nice mags out of it. :)

GTO.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo

On 10/4/2019 at 9:01 AM, GeeBee said:

I've never dealt with Jimmy Flintstone before, although I've heard nothing but good things about there products, so I've just ordered a few '57 Ford's, a Ranchero pick up and Courier van

NB304LF_web.jpg

NB305A_web.jpg

Nice Ranchero.  I am hanging on to a glue bomb original that I hope to salvage someday. 

22 hours ago, Deuces said:

I bought 7 kits total... 3 on Oct 1 and 4 today.....

Sorry I didn't take any pictures of them, but I did download pics from the net of the ones I bought.....

s-l400 - 2019-10-04T195428.677.jpg

s-l400 - 2019-10-04T195206.852.jpg

s-l400 - 2019-10-04T195240.615.jpg

s-l400 - 2019-10-04T195455.524.jpg

s-l400 - 2019-10-04T195605.955.jpg

s-l400 - 2019-10-04T195128.858.jpg

s-l400 - 2019-10-04T195318.301.jpg

Hey Deuces- what would it take to talk you out of the side mirror on that 57 Ford since you're going to build it as a Gasser? I still need one more for my project.

Later-

I attended a car show with a garage sale on the side.  I took my '68 Chevy pickup, and displayed some of my dioramas in the bed, which is fun to watch people check it out.  I looked at the junk for sale, and got the only model kit in the place, the Revell Ferrari Superamerica (575M), $10.

I got one of the newish Revell Ford GT Le Mans kits from Amazon. ( Hey, I needed something to bring the dimmer switch for our halogen torch lamp over the free shipping threshold.)  It looks nice and now have to decide what color scheme to use.  Indycals have a very nice selection.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...