Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

19 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I was honored to have been able to participate in the first ever Desert Scale Classic virtual model car show and contest.

Unlike most of the shows scheduled during this COVID crisis that were either canceled or postponed, the guys in Arizona decided that the show must go on.

I decided that it was a perfect opportunity to participate in at least one show this year, and I didn't even have to get out of my Lazy Boy to do so. :D

I was extremely honored and very happy to have been awarded a 1st place in the factory stock category, as well as a "Master Award" for best interior for my '68 Olds 442 W-30.

I also received a 2nd place plaque in the Street Machine category for my '65 Plymouth Fury.

The plaques arrived today.

Thank you to the judges at the DSC V16!!

image.jpeg.b933589268a8d60f7033113fcfcfa14e.jpeg

Steve

Congrats! Your Olds is the best ever built, absolutely beautiful. 

I entered the Desert Scale Classic virtual show  & was shocked to learn I too got something for my old Willys wrecker. This is the first contest I entered in about 30 years, it was fun & easy. Thanks to everyone that had something to do with this great experience.

SUNP0014 (2).JPG

5b7b44258ed6f_finishedWillysTT001.JPG.cbe29909cfab0d6af0bb1cb29a69bfc4.jpg

18 minutes ago, mchook said:

I entered the Desert Scale Classic virtual show  & was shocked to learn I too got something for my old Willys wrecker. This is the first contest I entered in about 30 years, it was fun & easy. Thanks to everyone that had something to do with this great experience.

SUNP0014 (2).JPG

I wouldn't mind seeing my car hanging from that hook. Great job. 

1 hour ago, mchook said:

Congrats Jay!

I have to confess, I don't remember seeing this one.

Nice work!

Steve

5 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

I'm considering my options to dispose of them.

Do you have any solid plans for the "disposal "?

You have a few tasty tomatoes in that group....would you be willing to deal on the full group ? If so-I have PM'd you

1 hour ago, Scott8950 said:

Got this today, it's a rebuilder but its complete and in good condition. The best part is i picked it up for a whole $10 ?... 

20200626_182056.jpg

20200626_182103.jpg

That's a hella deal! I'm looking for one of those to do Dyno Don's second car. 

6 hours ago, mchook said:

SUNP0014 (2).JPG

Very impressive model, Mark!  A weird earned win in a category with some stiff competition.

Thanks for participating!

?

On 6/26/2020 at 3:51 PM, PatW said:

From where please? Or should that be who?

It came from eBay, sold as OOP Modelhaus, it looks awesome! There was two left, after I bought mine, the other didn't last long.

Edited by 64SS350

On 6/26/2020 at 5:17 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

I had completely forgotten it ran a Porsche 4-cam 4 cylinder from an RSK. Wow. That's probably a hundred-grand engine today.                                         

Don't think it is enough, the Capricorn engine, while it was available, was $150k+. And that's repro.....

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2012/04/16/new-complete-four-cam-porsche-carrera-engines-now-available

Stopped at my LHS yesterday after work and was able to FINALLY snag one of the new release Revell '29 Model A roadsters.  Told me they've been flying off the shelf as fast as he can stock them.

Also stopped by Michaels the other day and got another '32 Ford 5-window with their 50% off coupon.  Can't have too many of those, just for parts.

On 6/25/2020 at 10:57 PM, stitchdup said:

Arrived today. This is my second of these but this one is complete (my other had flaking decals and no tyres) I was lucky to get it for less than half the price they normally go for as it was listed as ertl with no mention of esci. Does anyone know if this had 2 releases? this one is molded in blue, but my other is molded in a very dark blue/almost black. I could possibly let one of them go if someone has an ertl farm plough or trailer kit (built up or unbuilt) as I have a few tractors to build and the scale difference wouldn't be so obvious with farm stuff

DSC06063.JPG

i think some of them had the rally body in the Box,that was light blue,i have had a couple of them,just love the zakspeed cersion,have 10 of them in my pile

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...