Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

15 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

I recieved this kit as a present from my wife a while back.  The darn flip hood needs a lot of work to fit tight to the body without gaps.  I failed in my attempt so like another forum member did I decided to cut off the hood from the fenders. I then grafted the fenders to the body and that went well. But now the hood after cutting it off doesn't sit on the fenders without falling off.  

Frustration has set in so now I'm trying to decide if I want to do it as a curb side, or drag car without the hood on.  

Good luck with the build James.

Thanks Mike. It will be a while before I start on it, but I will keep that in mind. May do the same as you and just leave the hood off. 

22 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

I recieved this kit as a present from my wife a while back.  The darn flip hood needs a lot of work to fit tight to the body without gaps.  I failed in my attempt so like another forum member did I decided to cut off the hood from the fenders. I then grafted the fenders to the body and that went well. But now the hood after cutting it off doesn't sit on the fenders without falling off.  

Frustration has set in so now I'm trying to decide if I want to do it as a curb side, or drag car without the hood on.  

Good luck with the build James.

Mike what if you try one of those tiny magnets I have seen used on here before or a couple of short posts on the hood that catch the front fenders? 

1 hour ago, Mr mopar said:

I have lots of parts for this kit if you need Curtis

Thanks for the offer,but i scored a b/u 71'duster from the collection that darren was selling,so it will donate it's entire underpinnings and the interior is complete i just forgot to add the pics.

9 hours ago, sfhess said:

Walmart:  64 Cutlass Hardtop and 70 Camaro.

HL:  another 70 Camaro (Parts for a couple of 70-75 Firebird projects) and a Maisto "new" Bronco diecast kit.

Scott, which '70 Camaro kit did Walmart have: the "split bumper" RS (orange car on box art) or the new "full bumper" version (blue car on box art)?

Edited by Robberbaron

On 4/2/2022 at 3:09 PM, HomerS said:

Monthly swap meet

1st pic.....parts kits.  Bodies used for slot cars

2nd pic.....open complete.  Paid too much for the started California Roller but hard to resist that molded color.  Ram Van missing wheels but doesnt have the odd ball grill of the 911 van.

3rd pic....open complete. Not sure which direction to go on this one

Springboro 03 22 Parts kits.jpg

Springboro 03 22.jpg

Springboro 03 22 Tim.jpg

theres engine available that fit right in the bug

6 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Scott, which '70 Camaro kit did Walmart have: the "split bumper" RS (orange car on box art) or the new "full bumper" version (blue car on box art)?

Split bumper, orange car on the box.  Price was $14.99.

The dragster body panels are from the AMT Double Dragster kit.  

The plated straight six is from the AMT '62 Falcon.  When I see one of those in a parts bag, that usually becomes an excuse to buy the bag.

• Like 2

The Maroon 32 Tudor with dual side mounts is likely early roadster fenders with Tudor body either from first non-stock double kit with Willys, or later issue of just Tudor. With age of rest of pile I’d guess early double kit. 
32 Roadster up tops are not common either, so save them if any in pile. 

Finally got a decent restorable one of these for reasonable money. As it was the very first car model I ever got my grubby little gloo-smearing paws on, and made a truly horrible mess of, I've been kinda wanting one to see if I can do any better 60 years on. I also love the looks of all '57 Fords

The one I found was built and painted inside and out some awful baby-exhaust brown, apparently trying to look like something it wasn't, but I rolled the dice anyway. A few hours in warm oven cleaner removed every bit of paint and oddball non-solvent gloo on the test parts, so it looks like I have a nice rebuildable and unbodged kit under all the nastiness. And it came with lotsa extra vintage Revell '57 Ford bits.   :D

Revell Ford 1957 Country Squire station wagon

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Finally got a decent restorable one of these for reasonable money. As it was the very first car model I ever got my grubby little gloo-smearing paws on, and made a truly horrible mess of, I've been kinda wanting one to see if I can do any better 60 years on. I also love the looks of all '57 Fords

The one I found was built and painted inside and out some awful baby-exhaust brown, apparently trying to look like something it wasn't, but I rolled the dice anyway. A few hours in warm oven cleaner removed every bit of paint and oddball non-solvent gloo on the test parts, so it looks like I have a nice rebuildable and unbodged kit under all the nastiness. And it came with lotsa extra vintage Revell '57 Ford bits.   :D

Revell Ford 1957 Country Squire station wagon

Nice Bill. Love to see it built. 

6 hours ago, keyser said:

The Maroon 32 Tudor with dual side mounts is likely early roadster fenders with Tudor body either from first non-stock double kit with Willys, or later issue of just Tudor. With age of rest of pile I’d guess early double kit. 
32 Roadster up tops are not common either, so save them if any in pile. 

Thanks, I didn’t know about the Tudor kit, as for the uptops, I’ve got a dozen or more now. 
I am attempting to get one full kit of unbuilt parts lol, looks like I’m getting close to a full 5 window kit in parts. 

A4EF8048-8CDD-4556-9B9B-FDADC6DC6097.jpeg

F3491D9F-E247-426E-A5B6-2715B948FA21.jpeg

315E02D2-AE91-4024-8D40-939D6C1D5DB0.jpeg

3A132148-5EE4-4183-90B4-22B746F1C3F0.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...