Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT/mpc 1932 Chrysler Roadster

randyc

Just finished.  I built the connoisseur classic version a long time ago.  This is built for a friend.   It was fun to do it again with better skills.  This one could have been better, but overall I'm pretty pleased with it.  Headlight are aimed terribly.  I'd hate to drive it at night.   But the attachment points are vague.  Still got to work on the gangsters.  

IMG_20190728_110506875.jpg

IMG_20190728_110523006.jpg

IMG_20190728_110531067.jpg

IMG_20190728_110453775.jpg

Thanks.  The friend I'm building for has sent me this one, a monogram 31 Rolls, a Johan 31 Cadillac, and 3 Heller kits to build for him.  Plus some other non classic kits.  I enjoy building them, he pays me a little to build, and I don't have to worry about what to do with them forever.  I enjoy them till he comes to get them.  

Testors '32 Chrysler . Monogram '30 Packard Speedster Boat-tail ,  '35 Monogram Town Car Dusenburgh (note , built in 1978)  , 1934 Monogram Dusenburgh Sport (pidittle - I would hate to dive this at night) ,  Lindburgh Dr Fuch Bugatti Royal (1) , Itialiar Bugatti Royal (2) , Heller Bugatti Royal (3) .. there were actually 6 made  , Heller Typo 55 Bugatti , Blower Bently (defunct Japanese Kit - not Heller Version) ,  Bugatti Typo 35 Monogram , Monogram Mercedes 540 K , This Kit I finished just prior to the Franklin Mint Model in the same colors : Monogram Mercedes 540 K . I have more . Yes .. displaying Complete Builds  is a problem I sure am glad to deal with . Especially now as my skills slide away at an alarming rate . From 1984 until 2001 these were built . I have many more . Yes , Tom , you don't see these finished much at all  . I never too one to the Toledo (last one in the coming up Fall) Shows . Way to fragile to travel .  

'32 Chrysler Imperial Touring  F.JPG

'29  '30 Packard Speedster F.JPG

1935 Dusenburgh TC F.JPG

Dusenburgh SJ F.JPG

Bugatti Royal Dr. Edsters Roadster f.JPG

Bugatti Mohagany Rotal f.JPG

Bugatti Royal Royal TC f.JPG

Bugatti Royal  Typo 57 f.JPG

Blower Bently f.JPG

Bugattin Typo 35 F.JPG

MB 540 K '36 f.JPG

MB Kompressor f.JPG

Edited by dimaxion
Spelling Errors

19 hours ago, dimaxion said:

Testors '32 Chrysler . Monogram '30 Packard Speedster Boat-tail ,  '35 Monogram Town Car Dusenburgh (note , built in 1978)  , 1934 Monogram Dusenburgh Sport (pidittle - I would hate to dive this at night) ,  Lindburgh Dr Fuch Bugatti Royal (1) , Itialiar Bugatti Royal (2) , Heller Bugatti Royal (3) .. there were actually 6 made  , Heller Typo 55 Bugatti , Blower Bently (defunct Japanese Kit - not Heller Version) ,  Bugatti Typo 35 Monogram , Monogram Mercedes 540 K , This Kit I finished just prior to the Franklin Mint Model in the same colors : Monogram Mercedes 540 K . I have more . Yes .. displaying Complete Builds  is a problem I sure am glad to deal with . Especially now as my skills slide away at an alarming rate . From 1984 until 2001 these were built . I have many more . Yes , Tom , you don't see these finished much at all  . I never too one to the Toledo (last one in the coming up Fall) Shows . Way to fragile to travel .  

Thanks!  NICE builds of yours.   I was never really interested in these til recently.  But they are a challenge to build and at this point I want challenges like this.   I've built nearly every mainstream kit produced from AMT, Revell, Mongram, MPC, Lindberg, etc.  I feel like my skills are the best they've ever been right now - they may start falling off any day.  I do most of my building with my glasses off to be able to see up close.   So it's glasses on to find parts, look at instructions.  Glasses off to actually deal with parts and paint.  And repeat til complete.  

So my next few builds are of things I have NOT built.  Classics of one sort or another.  Minicraft TR3, Monogram TR8 (have not built that one), the Rolls, the Caddy, the Hellers.  

And yes, build these kits.   They are interesting and defintely challenging if you're used to "regular" kits of muscle cars and such.  

17 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking build. The colors really look perfect for such a grand car. I always thought the hidden Golf Bag storage was a neat feature.  

This is where the GUNS will go on this one!   I have noticed a LOT of cars of this era have a storage compartment there, especially roadsters that didn't have much storage to start with.