Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Official EBay Discussion Thread

On 7/13/2023 at 6:00 PM, Mr mopar said:

I've been noticing that all the Packages are going through Chicago and not New York   and this has made it slower to get them to Canada , when they were going through New York it was much faster .

my packages seem to evaporate when they go through chicago, but only going into the usa, the ones leaving just get held up for 6 weeks

For those of you interested in vintage lemans cars there is currently a pair of jaguar race cars cast in metal. Not cheap but these dont show up very often even on this side of the pond

Edited by stitchdup
spelling, always spelling, lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 6:46 AM, stitchdup said:

my packages seem to evaporate when they go through chicago, but only going into the usa, the ones leaving just get held up for 6 weeks

Just found out the E bayer now ships out of the New shipping center in Chicago ,and shipping is much slow now !

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This may not be a new scam on ebay But watch out for some models being listed as Original promo model's They include 1961 Ford, 1964 Ford Galaxie 500, 1969 Ford Galaxie, 1963 Nova Wagon, AMT's new 68 GTO... There maybe other's as well. My Brother got took on buying a "promo" of the 64 Ford Galaxie 500 Painted a light blue inside and out but they only painted the chassis bottom. He found the inside of the chassis was white, when he opened the chassis to fix the driver side fender Ord.

18 hours ago, ranma said:

This may not be a new scam on ebay But watch out for some models being listed as Original promo model's They include 1961 Ford, 1964 Ford Galaxie 500, 1969 Ford Galaxie, 1963 Nova Wagon, AMT's new 68 GTO... There maybe other's as well. My Brother got took on buying a "promo" of the 64 Ford Galaxie 500 Painted a light blue inside and out but they only painted the chassis bottom. He found the inside of the chassis was white, when he opened the chassis to fix the driver side fender Ord.

This may not be what happened in your brother's case and the seller really was trying to deceive, but I've found that lots of sellers on Ebay maybe just don't understand the difference between a promo and a kit build.  I think most, if not all of us here know the difference.  I've seen obvious listing mistakes both ways.  Promos called original kit builds and kit builds being promos.  Buyer beware I guess.

I don't like the mandatory registration of a "way to pay" that feepay has instituted for "make offer" sales under BIN.

I've never welched (PC police take note of the spelling) on a deal in my life, but I feel I'm being penalized for the bozos who make offers and omit the actual paying part.

Probably a good thing I have dangity near every model I could ever want, 'cause the more they tinker with feepay, the more I'm getting to hate it.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2023 at 7:59 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

I don't like the mandatory registration of a "way to pay" that feepay has instituted for "make offer" sales under BIN.

I've never welched (PC police take note of the spelling) on a deal in my life, but I feel I'm being penalized for the bozos who make offers and omit the actual paying part.

You'd be surprised!  I get a few every month who bid / buy it now and just leave the items unpaid.  Ever since buyers can't get negative feedback it's been epidemic. I have one guy who bids on a mess of stuff and doesn't pay.  He gets booted off eBay and a month later is back with a new account.  Repeat and rinse! 

There are a load of buyer scams now a days.   People return an empty box for refunds.  Someone buys two items, asks the seller to combine shipping, then does a "Did Not Receive" to eBay on the second item since there is only one tracking number.   And never ever sell a cell phone on eBay.  Scammers watch listings and right after one sells (to someone else), they contact the seller and ask to have it shipped to another address.  Others will complain it doesn't work and they want a refund... and to keep the item!   

There was a buyer who didn't update his address when he moved.  Seller has adelivery confirmation to his address of record, but the guy is screaming non-delivery and demanding the seller send him another $120 coat to his new address. And surprisingly, even with delivery confirmation, eBay refunded the guy!  It's open season on sellers.

Today on the eBay sellers board, a complaint that someone bought an expensive sealed pack of collectible cards and filed for a refund.  Buyer said he opened the sealed pack and the cards were stuck together.  When asked for proof, he said he threw them away!   

Edited by Tom Geiger

eBay was much more civilized (and so much simpler to use) about 15 years ago. In many ways.  That's when I did most of my buying and selling.  Now it is like a wasteland full of nutz (both sellers and buyers).  And the eBay rules are ridiculous.  I sill buy some things there, but haven't sold anything for years.

• Like 2

I have not sold much model stuff on eBay in recent years. They changed the format maybe 15 years ago, I had over 1000 transactions. That went bye bye, I have about 725 now. 

I buy almost everything there. Model stuff, clothes, tools and so on. Also lots of old car parts.

• 4 weeks later...

I need some help. I had a package that that wasn't delivered by today which was 15 days from shipment. I went ahead and refunded the monies for it.

Now I get a message from the post office that it will be delivered tomorrow.

Is there a process to get my money back once it is delivered.

Thanks in advance for you help.

On 1/17/2024 at 5:19 PM, Len Woodruff said:

I need some help. I had a package that that wasn't delivered by today which was 15 days from shipment. I went ahead and refunded the monies for it.

Now I get a message from the post office that it will be delivered tomorrow.

Is there a process to get my money back once it is delivered.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Is it from overseas (ie: Taiwan, Japan, Europe, etc…)? If so, it’s not that uncommon. 

I know my wife ordered a pencil sander from David Union for me for Christmas and it took a long time (2 weeks) to arrive. Thankfully, it arrived in time for Christmas. Came by slow boat from Taiwan.

• Like 1

Just an update on my package. I started a trace on the package before the refund. Yesterday USPS called me and told me it would be delivered. I told them that I had already refunded the customer. They asked if I wanted it returned to me. I said yes and they are returning it to me for no charge.

I didn't expect this but I am glad the timing was right for this to happened.

• Like 1

EEEbay's keyboard fiddlers are at it again, changing functionality for no good reason.

Used to was, you could put several BIN items from one seller in your cart, and then ask for a combined shipping invoice. 

NOW...the "request total" is blacked out, and you get a little dot-flag next to it that, if you click on it, it says "you can't request combined shipping on BIN items".

And no, it's not the other message that comes up in RED that says "seller doesn't allow combined shipping, or too much time has elapsed bla bla bla'.

I really wish they'd STOP "fixing" things that work fine, and just go play in 10-lane traffic.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO
  • Like 2

They get their percentage from the total sale. Item + Shipping+ Taxes = Total that take their percentage cut from. They then make more money. Why nobody wants to use it anymore. I tried once. They kept changing the shipping from what I wanted to change. Which was $7.00. To what they wanted me to charge. Which was more than double that. My cousin who use to sell a lot of things on Ebay said you have to go through this whole procedure to refund the difference to the buyer. She quit like many people I know did. Their greed might be their doom. Or it was be just stuff from China selling there.