Model Cars Magazine Forum

'49 Mercury The Plowboy Way

Plowboy

Last update before it hits the shelf! The engine is now glued to the chassis for good. I'll add a few more details once the body is installed. I may add a detail or two to the trunk. 

20210325_212844-1.jpg.224b489a74fee65839639d02abc11a8d.jpg

The glass, mirrors and interior are glued to the body. I couldn't believe the effect that installing just the mirrors has. I can't wait to get the rest of the black parts installed! I had to use the kit glass for the rear window. Even the paper thin clear wouldn't conform to the opening well enough. 

20210325_213448.jpg.892d224967011e121eebebecebc9a48e.jpg

Thanx to everyone who watched, commented and gave advice! Much appreciated! 

On 3/26/2021 at 12:19 AM, slusher said:

I am glad your pleased Roger, she made you work for it!  She is a very.impressive model..

Thanx Carl! Besides the paint snafu, this build actually went pretty well. Especially considering what I used to build it. No bad luck, I'll get it finished up today. I just have a few under hood details left to do.

On 3/26/2021 at 7:12 AM, David G. said:

Amazing work on that!

David G.

Thanx David!

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, hedotwo said:

Not sure if it's been brought up in another thread (least I couldn't find it) but congratulations on your being featured in MCM this issue for the '49 Merc Roger!  Well deserved!

Thanx Rich! But, are you sure it's mine? I didn't submit any photos and I haven't took it to any shows. So, I'm kinda wondering how it would be in the magazine.

10 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Yep, that's definitely mine! I had no idea! I was thinking a photo of the finished model. Didn't think about it being the progress photos. I'm flattered and surprised. Thanx for the photo Bob!

I haven’t got my hands on #209 yet, but this is a great feature they have added to the magazine. Very, very well deserved Roger, this is a really cool build, congratulations. As I’ve said before, I really like your build style.

Cheers, Steve

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Very cool Roger!  
Magazine should give author a heads up and make sure they are cool with being featured. Most of us would be, but it would be nice.

I tend to agree with you Tom. I don’t think it’s wrong to do what they did, but I think it would be cool if they let the artist know. Just as a courtesy. I believe all of us would be flattered to have our builds honoured in MCM!! 

14 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Very cool Roger!  
Magazine should give author a heads up and make sure they are cool with being featured. Most of us would be, but it would be nice.

11 hours ago, Steve H said:

I tend to agree with you Tom. I don’t think it’s wrong to do what they did, but I think it would be cool if they let the artist know. Just as a courtesy. I believe all of us would be flattered to have our builds honoured in MCM!! 

Yeah, I would have appreciated at least a message letting me know. But.....

For those that may not have seen it Under Glass, here's a photo of it.

20210328_174951-1

Great mods on the model! I'm not a big fan of the black trim, especially the wheels. I'd be curious to see what chrome bumpers and bezels and maybe dull red wheels with bright accents would look like on the model. But you like it and that's what matters.