Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 2020 Completions

Bernard Kron

2020… what year! And yet, despite all the social distancing and resultant available bench time I managed only to complete a half-dozen projects. That’s on the low end of my range – I usually finish about 8-9 of the ones I start in any 12 month period. The trend has been towards fewer but of higher consistency and quality, which ultimately is a good thing. Maybe I’m spending more time being careful, maybe some of the projects are getting more complex. I’m not entirely sure. One thing is clear: I’m broadening my range of subjects, although still in that post-war pocket. In the past couple of years I’ve added sports-racing cars to my usual hot rod/custom car/drag racing fare. As a result some of the kits I work from are getting more detailed and complex – this year for example, I started my first Japanese kits (a Tamiya and a Fujimi), with significantly greater complexity and parts counts than the AMT/Revellogram/MPC stuff I most often use. I say use because apparently I can’t shake the kit-bashing thing, even if some projects are basically replica builds. In any case here are my 6 for 2020 in order of completion.

Thanx for lookin’ and all my best wishes to you all for a happy, healthy holiday season and 2021,
B.

Revell ’32 Ford HiBoy Roadster
Black-Deuce-2020-Summary-web.jpg
Black-Deuce-2020-Motor-Interior-Final-Su

Revell ’29 Ford HiBoy Roadster in Vintage As-Found Patina
Patina-29-A-2020-Summary-web.jpg
Patina-29-A-2020-Final-Summary-Details-w

Revellogram ’37 Ford Tudor Slantback Sedan
37-Ford-Slantback-2020-Summary-web.jpg
37-Ford-Slantback-2020-Under-Glass-Summa

Tamiya Lotus Seven Series 2
Lotus-7-2020-Summary-web.jpg
Lotus-7-2020-Final-Summary-web.jpg

Academy Ferrari 250LM
Ferrari-250-LM-2020-Summary-web.jpg
Ferrari-250-LM-2020-wide-summary-2-web.j

Revellogram ’30 Ford Phaeton Show Rod
30-Ford-Phaeton-2020-Details-Summary-web
30-Ford-Phaeton-2020-Summary-web.jpg

Edited by Bernard Kron

Bernard, you sure mixed it up this year! A Ferrari and a Lotus?! To me, your '32 hiboy is the cream of the crop. Your effort on that build clearly shows. Everything is so clean and neat. Like Dennis, you have all the right parts in all the right places. Something few manage to accomplish.    

6 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Bernard, you sure mixed it up this year! A Ferrari and a Lotus?! To me, your '32 hiboy is the cream of the crop. Your effort on that build clearly shows. Everything is so clean and neat. Like Dennis, you have all the right parts in all the right places. Something few manage to accomplish.    

Thanks Roger. The Deuce sure showed me who was boss, LOL! I had to really sweat the details to keep the whole project on-track and sanitary. It was a relief when it came out OK, for sure.