Model Cars Magazine Forum

2020 CoronaVirus Builds

curt raitz

Hey Curt, I still have that R&D Unique Chaparral 2J in the box, did you get it at GSL?  It looks really challenging with the white metal parts.  I have two of the Mercedes C9 kits, which did you build?  Saw the start of your radial bike WIP, missed seeing the whole build.  Good job on all!

18 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Hey Curt, I still have that R&D Unique Chaparral 2J in the box, did you get it at GSL?  It looks really challenging with the white metal parts.  I have two of the Mercedes C9 kits, which did you build?  Saw the start of your radial bike WIP, missed seeing the whole build.  Good job on all!

Yep, I won it at the auction. Was missing parts, but Gerry Chevalier found the parts I needed. I think I built the 1st issue of the C9. Yeah, I'm still waiting for Teresi to build his radial bike!

Hiya Kurt! Great to see your annual production all in one place. For some reason I missed all too many of these here on the forum over the past year. It occurred to me that one aspect of your now-customary vast output has got to be the pleasure that modeling brings to you. The builds here range from intricate scratch building projects to the simplest of curbsides, all done to an impressive standard. My faves include the Brian Redman Lola and the Chaparral (whose 2j is that?), the two motorcycles (of course the radial bike deserves a wow!), and the '48 Chevy coupe (it looks like you made good on your intention to take on custom decals, LOL). I hope this pandemic will ultimately abate and that we can hang out together once again. All the best in 2021.

B.

Whoa.  Holy cowpatty, Curt!  Don't you ever sleep? 

That's quite a fleet!  Beautiful builds, all.  I especially like . . . aw, carp!  I tried to pick out 2 or 3 favorites but the list ended up looking like:  ALL OF THEM !

Question:  At this point, are you sure you haven't built more Curtis Turner race cars than he ever actually drove?  My gosh, I had no idea he ran so many different cars/sponsors/colors!  Your CT projects over the years have never failed to impress.

Hope you are well, my friend, and continue to be so!  Best to you and yours.

-danno-