Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Chevy Nomad

ModelcarJR

Thanks, All! I appreciate your comments! Lee, I just don't like the wide whites that are the two piece tires in the kit. I wanted to find some other wheels and tires but couldn't find any tires that would fit the wheels. The wheels came from some extra parts that I got when purchasing about a 50 kit lot. So I used the front wheels from two sets of wheels from the 68 Dodge Charger kit and turned the tires around from this kit, painted the whitewall inserts black, and used a thin whiteline decal from the 64 Chevy kit. Problem solved! Thanks for the question and thanks for looking! 😎

Once again, great job! It was fun to see this one come together. I really liked your other 56, but the colors on this one are so RIGHT. If that blue is anywhere near as pretty in real life as it is on my computer screen, it's simply gorgeous. WELL DONE.

14 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Very well done, just curious as to the Keystones on a otherwise stock build? They look good, just curious.

It is a very nice build. I hope mine will turn out as nice whenever I get to it. BTW Keystone Klassics should be detailed black between the spokes unless you have the really rare gold ones.

Thanks, All! I appreciate the comments! Yes, the Tamiya Coral Blue is a beautiful color. The wheels are described in the 68 Dodge Charger kit as "Drag wheels".  Not sure what they are as I am not good at identifying wheels, but they are chrome with 5 spokes which are my criteria for good looking wheels. Thanks for looking!