Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who doesn't love a mock-up? Let's see yours!

Belairconvertable

Been kicking this kit further and further to the dark area under my desk, I stole the engine and rolling stock for other projects so it was just a box of parts. I’ve never been a fan of the styling at all so I figured it had bothered me long enough to do something about it. I trimmed the fenders off and found this windshield in my box of glass so I tried it out. It needs better wheels and tires but this was so I could see the stance. 
we will see if it gets any further to make a build thread. The un-beatniked bandit

IMG_7055.jpeg

IMG_7056.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bullybeef said:

Been kicking this kit further and further to the dark area under my desk, I stole the engine and rolling stock for other projects so it was just a box of parts. I’ve never been a fan of the styling at all so I figured it had bothered me long enough to do something about it. I trimmed the fenders off and found this windshield in my box of glass so I tried it out. It needs better wheels and tires but this was so I could see the stance. 
we will see if it gets any further to make a build thread. The un-beatniked bandit

IMG_7055.jpeg

IMG_7056.jpeg

thats giving beach buggy vibes

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 9:39 PM, Brudda said:

AMT Ferrari 250 swb. Just mixed up some green out of toners. Fujimi wire wheels. Took a long time to get this body acceptable. The kit body is really off but trying to make make it work. 

IMG_9498.jpeg

IMG_9497.jpeg

IMG_9496.jpeg

That looks very sharp sir. I have one of these, still thinking about what needs to be done to make it right. Looks like you've developed the recipe for it. Congrats!

3 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

That looks very sharp sir. I have one of these, still thinking about what needs to be done to make it right. Looks like you've developed the recipe for it. Congrats!

Thank you Pierre, trying to get thru this build. I have a friend that turns a sows ear and turns the kit into a silk purse. So this is what I’m trying to accomplish. My friends fun is when he takes a $5 kit and wins a contest with it. This is his fun in modeling. He has already won most contests and has this new challenge. It seems to be working. He is always in the magazine for the NNL west and always places in a IPMS contest. It’s his way of keeping interest in the hobby. Nothing wrong with that. 

As I wrap up the ‘69 Charger Convertible build, this will be the next old build to pop up on the desk.

IMG_7625.thumb.jpeg.8c5e7fad415f0a50ce134ee30375006a.jpeg

Want to put a Jeep 4.0l in it but I still can’t find one, so I’m going to raid one of my Matador Stock Car kits for the engine and change up the rolling stock and color from what I was going to do……just not sure what I’m going to do yet for those.

• Like 5