Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mushroom Deuce: A custom blown V12 32 Sedan delivery in era-correct hue...

Claude Thibodeau

HI!

Spring clean-up of numerous "leftovers"... Why not make the best of those?

Junk bin 32 delivery body (MPC's ?), Phantom Vicky frame and grill shell, 41 Continental V12, Eldorado Latham blower, Sidewinder rolling stock, Dodge Caravan rear bench seat, 29 roadster headlights (all modified). Scratchbuilt: suspensions & bars, front gas tank, rear bumper/tail light, windshield and rear glass, mirrors, floor pan, shifter & pedals, door panels, exhaust "stack", brake and radiator hoses. Wired and hosed. Craftsmart acrylic Suede ( my favorite color)+ Testor:s Wet Look clear (my stock is dwindling fast, alas...). Alclad and Molotow. 

Hours of fun with styrene!

CT 

DSC01400 (2).JPG

DSC01401 (2).JPG

DSC01403 (2).JPG

DSC01404 (2).JPG

DSC01407 (2).JPG

DSC01408 (2).JPG

DSC01409 (2).JPG

DSC01416 (2).JPG

DSC01418 (2).JPG

• Like 5

3 hours ago, espo said:

Great blend of leftover parts. Realistic looking finishes, makes you wish you could have a 1:1 of this model. 

Hi David!

Thanks. The 32 sedan delivery has always been a favorite of mine. I had a 73 Ranchero back in the 70's, that I painted in lacquer with that very color, which was a '71 Eldorado color. I miss it to this day!

CT

20 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Parts box builds are so much fun, sparks the creativity in all of us.  You have done a masterful job on this one, also like that color.

Hi Ricky!

Thanks. I agree with you: parts box builds are the living embodiment of "what if". You never know what you'll end up with...!

CT

Great build Claude, you have proven time and time again that the theory that nothing is lost everything is created (I may have already used this one...) !!!

You start to empty my vocabulary but not my admiration, I hope your wife thinks so too... 😊

The choice of components also proves your motto "Fun with styrene", that's what I call delivering the goods... 😉

Is Kings Custom Body a fictitious name?  In my opinion, this is a brand that fits you like a glove, my friend.

By the way, I see that the green air valves are back...

Bravo encore !