Model Cars Magazine Forum

2016 Ford GT

Rich Chernosky

This kit was a lot more simple that i first thought.  Once all the the parts were sorted into painting piles and some sub assemblies done, this kit wnety together surprisingly quick. Panit is Tamiya LP45 Racing blue with a mixture of  LP49 Pearl and LP9 clear as a final coat. Kit is mostly box stock and the only major addition is some carbon fibre work on the chassis. Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

DSC07737.JPG.b93a810c5244fea557404e8755234769.JPG

This cars styling really shows its Ford GT heritage with a more modern look.

DSC07740.JPG.11cfea9a9f75001f1690b8146340ed88.JPG

Tamiya put lots of detail in the back of this kit.

DSC07741.JPG.93be1daac113cb30e51030fa229bdac2.JPG

This veiw shows the aggressive styling a little better. That extra large windshield didn't show much of the interior which was rather sparse anyway. 

DSC07744.JPG.af75c9e40fc32ba140bf5d460522577f.JPG

I like this veiw as it shows some of the extra detailing. Silver stripes were kit decals.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, espo said:

Great color and finish. Clean looking body detailing. 

Thanks David....I am having great luck with the Tamiya LS line. 

48 minutes ago, happy grumpy said:

That's a beauty Rich. I have this kit and I must say I'm a little intimidated by it. After seeing yours finished, I am very inclined to start working on mine. ?Great job on the paint and decal work.

Mario...I was too...which is why this kit sat almost 3yrs. I cut all the parts off the trees except the identifying number. This serves two purposes. I use the number to hold the part for painting and of course to identify. Once you cut away all the trees away you would be surprised how much space there is in the box. It looks a lot less intimidating that way. 

44 minutes ago, Jim B said:

Great looking GT.  Always loved that car.

Thank you Jim..it was a great kit. 

I have one of those Tamiya kits in the works, and tried finding one of the carbon fiber decal sheets made for the kit, but the only ones I found were from over in Europe and cost about the same or more than the kit itself.  I figured I'll just try cutting & fitting a sheet from like Scalemotorsports.

19 hours ago, 70 Sting said:

I built the Snap-Kit version but it pales in comparison to your Tamiya build… nice work!

Thanks Harry

18 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Looks beautiful Rich.  The carbon fiber is a real nice touch.

Thanks Gary.that was the hardest part of the build.

18 hours ago, cobraman said:

Great looking model.

Thank you Ray.

17 hours ago, Gustavo Reis said:

Nice model. Beautiful color.

Thank you

17 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Nice color and finish, Rich - the carbon decals give it the ultimate touch!

Thank you Helmut

16 hours ago, Nacho Z said:

Yeah, Buddy!!  What a looker!  Great color choice.  Tamiya did a great job creating this kit and it looks like you did a great job building it!

Kind words fer sure..thanks John

16 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Sure looks pretty and I presume a little easier build going with one color.

Rex...I had considered painting the stripes since I have some very nice spraying silvers, but it was more work than I wanted at this time. 

8 hours ago, charger74 said:

It looks very good 

Thanks

7 hours ago, Leo64 said:

I have one of those Tamiya kits in the works, and tried finding one of the carbon fiber decal sheets made for the kit, but the only ones I found were from over in Europe and cost about the same or more than the kit itself.  I figured I'll just try cutting & fitting a sheet from like Scalemotorsports.

That's what I did. Made my patterns out of Tamiya tape.  Do the sides of the chassis in two pieces...a lot easier.

7 hours ago, RAMBENNA said:

very nice build, great color

Thank you