Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 275P - 1964 Le Mans Winner

You are raising the bar very high for all of us, Pierre - this is one absolutely fabulous model which you have upgraded with so many scratchbuild details - wonderful!

I have been following along your WIP with great interest because these are my favourite subjects but I doubt I would ever come close to this level of perfection.

14 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Absolutely awesome job Pierre.  Followed your WIP all that way through. It looks even better completed.  I'd put this one in my Ferrari case any day of the week. 

Thanks Rich. I'd love to see this Ferrari display of your's. Must be awesome.

14 hours ago, Jim B said:

Beautiful Ferrari.  Really well done.

Thanks Jim, appreciate the interest and support.

13 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

You are raising the bar very high for all of us, Pierre - this is one absolutely fabulous model which you have upgraded with so many scratchbuild details - wonderful!

I have been following along your WIP with great interest because these are my favourite subjects but I doubt I would ever come close to this level of perfection.

Thank you Helmut. Your input is always so valuable. I very much enjoy our exchange of ideas and I hope you will post updates on your 275P build. No doubt it will be great,

13 hours ago, jaymcminn said:

And that's how you make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Just fantastic. I always love your photo backdrops with B&W pics of the 1:1. It looks like a museum display. 

Thanks Jason. I was puzzled by this one until I realized what was wrong with the shape of the body, which in the end was easily fixable. The rest was all about adding the detailing and it suddenly looked more model than toy. Worked out better than I initially thought it would.

13 hours ago, Bruce Scully said:

Top class modelling , lots of great detail work , well done .

Thank you Bruce. A few of these, like the leather straps, were a first for me and I am pleased with the result.

12 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Excellant simply excellant.  Thanks for taking us along for the ride

Thank you Gary for the inspiration, research material and advice. I love your work and your incredible depth of knowledge.

11 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Superb Ferrari in all respects

Merci Mr Dauphinee. Support much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Muncie said:

I agree with every comment posted here.  Well researched and well done.  I built one of these out of the box in my early model building days.  It is lost to time, but I have another kit...

Go for it Steve, and please share the progress along the way. as you know the kit is basic and needs a good dose of TLC, but it's such an important car.

9 hours ago, Jon Cole said:

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! There's... no other words I can describe!

Thank you Jon. The support is heartwarming.

9 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Since I butchered the Monogram kit, I noticed the attention to details.  Very well done!  The leather straps are a nice touch.

Thanks Kurt. I love your work on Ferraris, quite elaborate transformations. Very imaginative.

7 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Excellent, beautiful work, Pierre! I always enjoy what you do with these old kits!

Thank you Daniel. I marvel at what you do with metal. I think it is safer for me to stick to styrene

7 hours ago, bondo bill said:

sweet build

Thank you Bill

5 hours ago, Roger U said:

That is a beautiful cleanly built model. Great detailing and paint and interior.

Appreciate the feedback Roger. 

2 hours ago, afx said:

Turned out great Pierre.

Thanks JC. I do my best to apply some of the lessons from professor Reckner.

1 hour ago, Kolu said:

It looks real. The wheels alone are a vast improvement . A magnificent model. Thankyou.

I agree. For me fixing the body shape was number one and the wheels right after. I got these printed wheels from Jack Modeling in France. Fronts are as printed and the rears I modified. They do add a good dose of realism to the model.

• Like 1

There are no words to describe how absolutely beautiful and excellent this build really is. And to top it off this excellent paint job was delivered with a brush, a real brush, not an air brush. Pierre, you have done it again. Thank you for letting us mortals view your work. It is pure joy to look at.