Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Future of Revell...for 2024 at least.

niteowl7710

Hopefully that all new blazer is a hint of things to come. IMO, and all new, modern tooled, correct square body (long box!!) in 1/25th scale would be a big winner for Revell.

They would be able to create multiple versions four different releases of the truck like Moebius did with the Ford pickups. Long box, short box, two wheel drive, four wheel drive, GMC, Chevrolet, big block, small block, dually, work truck, crew cab, lifted four-wheel drive, slammed two-wheel drive. An endless combination of possibilities for future releases. With square body trucks being as popular as they are right now, and the only other options being the ancient 1/24th kits which are poorly detailed at best or resin - an all new square body pickup kit would most likely be a big winner.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

The '68 Firebird box art look ok ,I wish Revell would do this kit with Hideaway headlights as an option , Never see that ford  pickup  wide sides  !

I think AMT did that in their "For 1968" Firebird. Never an option but it does look nice nonetheless.

For 1968 AMT Firebird.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Classicgas said:

C8, new Blazer, half cab bronco and this year's issue of the 71 mustang.

The Diamonds are Machever kit is already out in Europe, so the North America box oughta hit within 3 months...or one would hope anyways. Wouldn't surprise me if there isn't a totally different kit based off the tool by the end of 2024 unless they choose to space it out further. 

15 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

I pray to J that those steelies / hubcaps are part of the new tooling ! 

You'd have to hope so. It would be somewhat...short sighted...to make a whole new tool of something basing it on a specific vehicle and then not tool up the parts to match said vehicle. You can always come back later and release a bigger wheel/tired "Custom Off Road" Blazer later. In fact I'd expect it since very few if any kits are one-off use items.

• Like 1

Finally a chance to get a chance to replace the Vanagon I built for my nephew. Doesn't matter to me that the new one isn't a Westie. Hoping it's the AWD/4WD version.  Horrible old pics. Sorry.

MODEL- My VW VANAGON Westfalia [01].jpg

MODEL- My VW VANAGON Westfalia [02].jpg

Edited by Jon Cole
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jon Cole said:

Finally a chance to get a chance to replace the Vanagon I built for my nephew. Doesn't matter to me that the new one isn't a Westie. Hoping it's the AWD/4WD version.  Horrible old pics. Sorry.

Revell just reissued the T3 last Fall in an Euro box in the non-Westfalia version. 

252590861_719mUmIYk-L._AC_UF8941000_QL80_FMwebp_.webp.be00d0c8bca8f1a76adb095948ea78c5.webp

27 minutes ago, Jon Cole said:

its not the 4x4, just the magnum/un bus with a pizza sign. I might skip this version since i have 2 of each already

9 hours ago, carrucha said:

Nice to see the '64 Impala SS reissued and with new "old school" lowrider mag wheels.

I’m excited for that one too - was this the kit that actually had hydraulics and some lowrider stuff in there already?

I had one from a previous issue but someone offered me some ridiculous amount of money for it as I guess they were hard to find at one point…

On 10/13/2023 at 11:37 AM, Rob Hall said:

That would be a custom, the Firebird didn't have hideaway headlights as an option..the Ford pickup is an old Revell kit from '80, not really accurate as real duallies were longbed F350s.

I see a lot of tow truck potential with that kit