Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

9 hours ago, kelson said:

Trying to airbrush bodies outside wasn't doing it<_<,so bought one of these hope to be using it soon.:)IMG_0828.thumb.JPG.c253464c647487256d768095f0e6e3b1.JPG

I have one of these and it works well. Only thing is China is the only source to replace the filters as far as I know. But you can soak them in purple power and they clean up pretty well.

12 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

I have one of these and it works well. Only thing is China is the only source to replace the filters as far as I know. But you can soak them in purple power and they clean up pretty well.

Take a look at furnace filters for use in these. For example mine uses a standard 20 X 20 filter

10 hours ago, kelson said:

Trying to airbrush bodies outside wasn't doing it<_<,so bought one of these hope to be using it soon.:)IMG_0828.thumb.JPG.c253464c647487256d768095f0e6e3b1.JPG

I have the same spray booth. I bought it a few years ago and have enjoyed it well. The exact filters are hard to find and can be expensive. What I have done for this problem is to use a universal trim to fit filter material from Home Depot. They have several types of filter material and the latest that I'm now using is designed for "room air conditioners" the type you see mounted in a window. This particular product is about 2mm thick made up of three layers of foam material. The filter is 15" x 24" and is easily cut to size with a card board cutter type knife. I also picked up a length of Dryer exhaust hose to use to vent the fumes outside. Mine is a very low tech setup. I have an area in the basement where I store all of the yard equipment and mowers. Mine is mounted on a shelf near the outside door and I just open the door when painting and stick the exhaust hose out the door when in use. Not the most ideal but it has served me well for years. Enjoy your spray booth it will go a long way on improving paint work.  

50 minutes ago, 935k3 said:

Take a look at furnace filters for use in these. For example mine uses a standard 20 X 20 filter

That's right. At least in Germany these very same booths come with 2 types of filters. One that is blue on the front and white on the reverse side and behind that there is a greyish one. The blue/ white one is for absorbing the spray mist and the grey one for the fumes. According to the German manual, you can leave the blue/ white one completely if you use an exhaust air hose. That will also increase the performance in suction because the airflow has less resistance. 

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:22 AM, Gramps46 said:

The Protar has poseable front wheels which I like.

The lack of adjustment nuts is neither here, nor there. with those 3D wires Ace is referring to, you would just have lousy wires with nuts, and texture. The Protar wires are STLL far superior....how hard is it to make a nut for it....without texture?  -EASY

On 4/25/2019 at 12:45 AM, kelson said:

I bought a similar one from Princess Auto three years ago. Use bulk filter media, from HVAC supply companies, cut to size. Works great.

8 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

Paint/primer/sealer out of the same can?  I'd be interested on how it works.  I get scared putting lacquer right on the plastic.

Testors lacquers have always been very mild.

Not really lacquers in the real sense.

I use Testors # 2949 "Transparent Black Window Tint" often.

It says "lacquer" on the can, yet you spray it over bare plastic with no adverse affects.

Steve

On 4/20/2019 at 7:32 PM, Snake45 said:

Today I managed to find the missing chassis, glass, and engine (for the '65 Riviera). I rounded up the other still-extant parts I knew where were (front and rear bumpers, grille, engine) and got all the survivor parts together for a group photo. 

65RivieraGB10.jpg.e5bea2cd4bad4461ac8967db27e2515a.jpg

Then I took the puke-green body out of Lake Purple, where it had been swimming for a few days. So, if I can find a hood, it looks like it's Project On! :D

65RivieraGB17.jpg.a5ce294d6c44282c5d46743fe689c9e3.jpg

Snake, did you get a hood?

I replied to your request post last week while I was getting ready to leave because of the flood but I couldn't find the original post again when I looked a couple days later. 

29 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Snake, did you get a hood?

I replied to your request post last week while I was getting ready to leave because of the flood but I couldn't find the original post again when I looked a couple days later. 

Haven't found a hood yet, still looking. If you can help, my email is SnakeACP45 at AOL dot com. Thanks! B)

20 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

The lack of adjustment nuts is neither here, nor there. with those 3D wires Ace is referring to, you would just have lousy wires with nuts, and texture. The Protar wires are STLL far superior....how hard is it to make a nut for it....without texture?  -EASY

Show us. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see how it's done.

7 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

Found these at HL on clearance yesterday.

IMG_20190427_071119275.jpg

Mine didn't have anything on clearance.  They didn't have ANY '67 Camaros, I don't recall seeing the other two but I wasn't looking specifically for them. Maybe I was just too late? 

Clearance time again? Great!

I was in Deerfield yesterday and didn't see any clearance items... yet (so I got some sandpaper). Karl, do you remember what else was being cleared out? Been hoping to get one of the '68 El Caminos cheeep.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Just got back from a family visit in El Paso.  Hit the Hobby Lobby on Zaragoza hoping for a '68 Chevelle.

No dice, but I was happy to snag another 1985 442/FE3X.  Those have been MIA at my LHS and my local Hobby Lobby since last year.

No clearance kits at the Zaragoza store either - just as well, since we didn't have room in the family truckster for 6 kit boxes, anyway. ;)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...