Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

19 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

This '59 Ranchero is on its way; front bumper's bad (which kept the bids relatively low) but I have a good one from the Ranchero I'm kitbashing with the Revell Skyliner. Going to replace the bumper, clean it and that's it.

OK, clean up the flash and that's it :lol:.

1872899191_59rancherored1.jpg.bf42aa45221151e31c06861d8a151173.jpg

295509723_59rancherored3.jpg.2b1b14df3811512c3f4ac87071a6b647.jpg

682471072_59rancherored2.jpg.8da1393d9523879f0586e13135b8770c.jpg

2035393900_59rancherored4.jpg.295e7538b6c0899110e51f6a065d2d1a.jpg

As I recall, that was one of a handful of similar Ford vehicles - the others were passenger cars - that came with a car hauler tractor/trailer toy. Not models or promos at all, just "stock" for the trailer. They all featured the same high level of accuracy and detailing as your Ranchero and they were a very cheap, flimsy plastic.

Excuse me, I have to go to the other room to remove my tongue from where it is stuck to the inside of my cheek. 

Edited by Danno

19 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

1/8 scale Pocher built-up '32 Rolls Phantom II for rebuild. Price significantly under market, and way under an unmolested kit

Received a little more damage in shipping and lost a few more parts, but everything is available from various sources.

Dirty and rough with some excess gloo, some sorry workmanship, but still a deal.

228 - A 1:8 scale Pocher 1932 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Drop Head Sedanca Coupe. Bodywork in black           ... (not mine, but almost identical)

The plan is to rebody her, inspired by this Figoni et Falaschi example built for the Prince of Nepal.

https://blackhawkcollection.com/project/1932-rolls-royce-phantom-ii-continental-berline-by-figoni-et-falaschi/

Though it's supposedly a commission build, in the event the deal falls through, I might re-engine it with a S.C.o.T. supercharged Ardun-equipped Ford.

Rolls-Royce-Figoni-et-Falaschi-sedan-141.jpg?resize=1080%2C657&ssl=1

Both are nice but the Lower one is a beautiful car.

14 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

These are very nice kits, I'd say. They need work on the welting, and the rear fender fillers, if you build it fenderless. I've heard of a couple of small bugaboos, but nothing major. I can't give you much of a critique as far as how well it assembles, because mine is pretty heavily modified, as you might imagine!🙂

I looked up your build of one of these, and remembered once I saw it - GREAT build!  Always enjoy your work!

• Like 1

Rob Hall, I think the originals were promos by PMC of Chicago. No interiors or window glass and made of a hard plastic. Later ones were made by Korris Kars copying the same PMC mold? The plastic from Korris Kars was more flexible and rubberier. More of a polyethene in the Korris Kars. The first cars by Korris were a 59 Ford wagon and 59 Ranchero.

17 hours ago, Danno said:

As I recall, that was one of a handful of similar Ford vehicles - the others were passenger cars - that came with a car hauler tractor/trailer toy. Not models or promos at all, just "stock" for the trailer. They all featured the same high level of accuracy and detailing as your Ranchero and they were a very cheap, flimsy plastic.

Excuse me, I have to go to the other room to remove my tongue from where it is stuck to the inside of my cheek. 

they came with early Tonka Carhaulers, circa 1960-62

1 hour ago, thatz4u said:

Tonka Carhaulers

Structo actually... I sold one of these sets during the 127 Garage Sales around 2018.. All four cars it had was the Thunderbird's But they also had mustang's on other's

structo cars.jpg

Edited by ranma
  • Like 1

1969 Ford Talladega, Monogram 1/24 scale. Really cheap.

Some of the one-or-two-year "homologation specials" have always appealed to me from a historical race-car standpoint.

When I find 'em cheap, they find a home.

Picture 1 of 10

I also snagged a bunch of headlight reflectors and lenses in various sizes, enough to keep me going for quite some time.

1/25 Custom Headlight Bezels  1/25 Headlight Lenses  1/25 Headlight Bezels w/ Lenses  etc.

The main reason I popped for these now was that the old Monogram 275P I'm doing for the Sebring group build has awful chromed headlights that are fine for a slot-car, but not appropriate for an effort-heavy static model. Having a selection of reflectors, lenses, and surrounds to choose from would ultimately let me achieve a much more realistic first-impression. The chrome taillights on that kit are pretty awful too, but there's no shortage of the correct Carello lenses out there, as they appeared on several Euro cars including other Ferraris, Fiats, Lancias, etc.

Taillight assembly, NOS, Carello or Altissimo... - L0336X

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

This month's SJR kit...

received_963342768546501.jpeg.97d5d5eaa10faccd708c6dbe82ca4678.jpeg

Im still waiting on my order to show up... Im hoping in a couple days.

I did hear that the kit is based on old monogram molds

Also found SJR did a WHATS IN THE BOX video on it as of last night....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cv6TOvE0Z4

Edited by bandit1