Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 7/23/2020 at 11:02 PM, Bucky said:

It's all your fault....I just went and ordered a bunch of those MOPAR type front tags! LoL

Those plates look great...I ordered the MOPAR plates, current Ohio and two sets of vintage California tags from them.

21 hours ago, dbostream said:

This arrived today, thanks again @GeeBee for the tip. Will buy more from them in the future cheap and quick delivery to Sweden.

IMG-20200724-174455766.jpg

Good to hear you got it o.k, they certainly sell them at very competitive prices,  plus their packaging is way beyond what they need to do, I'll be ordering the Revell Jaguar E Type from them.

https://www.365games.co.uk/automotive-model-kits/jaguar-e-type-coupe-car-124-scale-level-3-revell-model-kit

Edited by GeeBee

4 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

That '37 Cord is a nice kit to build ,nice find Sam.

Thanks! I built the 1/25 years ago and have always loved the lines of this car.

10 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Don't forget the 1/64. I'm sure there must be one.

Later-

I would have to go to diecast for 1/64 Tom, as well as 1/20.  I could not find kits in either scale. 

Picked up one of these today at Michael's today with a 50% off coupon. And a jar of wood colored paint. I was surprised to see this kit there and they had the 71 Duster 340 also. Maybe new kits will be coming there?

s-l500.jpg

This one arrived in the post yesterday:

50149808553_8fd4f9828a_c.jpg

1:24 Tamiya Nissan Skyline GT-R Nismo kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

I enjoyed building the standard GT-R some years ago, this one is essentially the same but with some nice extra pieces. When I saw it come up at £20 Buy It Now including postage I couldn't resist, it had a price sticker for £24.99 from a shop.

I do have a couple of other versions, but it's always good to have options to build it another way (and/or maybe use the engine in something else).

9 minutes ago, Joe Handley said:

Just picked this up today with some zip ties and drawing supplies from the local Hobby Lobby, any word on how this kit is?

8ED981DC-792E-4A4C-8EF4-B3C0FE81BBC9.jpeg.a9aa1ea4fb20eec88ad4ba4a60fec81d.jpeg

Hi!

This is a nice kit. I removed the top, used the rag top from another Revell VW, and transplanted the Nailhead V* from the 29 A. Enjoy your build!

CT

DSC00366 (2).JPG

17 minutes ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi!

This is a nice kit. I removed the top, used the rag top from another Revell VW, and transplanted the Nailhead V* from the 29 A. Enjoy your build!

CT

DSC00366 (2).JPG

Thanks, for the info and I dig that look! I was thinking about going the more traditional Lead Sled route with this one for something different?

57 minutes ago, Joe Handley said:

Just picked this up today with some zip ties and drawing supplies from the local Hobby Lobby, any word on how this kit is?

8ED981DC-792E-4A4C-8EF4-B3C0FE81BBC9.jpeg.a9aa1ea4fb20eec88ad4ba4a60fec81d.jpeg

Very nice kit. Revell of Germany new tool. Lotza interesting details,  good quality like the Trabbie. Only down side is that it’s a Euro version car

Edited by Tom Geiger

52 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Very nice kit. Revell of Germany new tool. Lotza interesting details,  good quality like the Trabbie. Only down side is that it’s a Euro version car

This one has both left and right hand dashes in it, I don’t know the difference in Beetles though, XJ Cherokees, K-Cars, and increasingly, the platform my 200, Avengers, Journeys, Calibers and it’s Jeep siblings on the otherhand......?

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

And it's 1/24 instead of 1/25. 

6 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Picked up one of these today at Michael's today with a 50% off coupon. And a jar of wood colored paint. I was surprised to see this kit there and they had the 71 Duster 340 also. Maybe new kits will be coming there?

s-l500.jpg

This version has the drag Christmas tree in it!

Those are getting hard to come by.... Good for you!!!! ?? 

Some had the stock L-88 427s installed in them... Those were really wild.... ? I think the L-88 was rated @ 562 horsepower if I'm not mistaking.... Some say it was 525...

Edited by Deuces ll

13 hours ago, slusher said:

This version has the drag Christmas tree in it!

Yes. I saw that Carl. I've never seen this kit at Micheal's. Nor the 71 Duster.  And a couple of weeks ago I got a Polar Light Coke VW Bug there. Never saw the bug kit there before either. 

7 hours ago, br67 said:

Got a soft spot for dealer prepped cars and these seem to be a bit scarce lately so thought I would get one sooner rather than later

4521ADCA-3800-4E21-96C8-21A9AC0B34F6.jpeg

How's about some inspiration????...... ?

AAjbEXK.jpeg

AAjbPpt.jpeg

AAjbXks.jpeg

AAjbK6h.jpeg

AAjbREy.jpeg

AAjbMNr.jpeg

Hope this helps....

Edited by Deuces ll

17 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

You didn't tell me about this one. Now I know why. ?

You like the Cobra, Sam? How about this one that I just won on eBay? Another one that I'm looking forward to getting in my hands. I'm not sure why they listed it as "Complete Sealed" and then in their comments and pictures it's opened and "may be missing parts". From the pictures though it looks to be complete. 

Later-

Screenshot_20200726-161613.png

Edited by Modlbldr

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...