Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 2/23/2021 at 4:47 PM, HomerS said:

Sorry for the sideways pic....Phone is sending all pics that way.

annoying.jpg.905dd7f96762477952c0e6f86d4c793e.jpg

Stopped by the Niles HL today for probably my last 40% off kit; they're still pretty well stocked. Looked at the '34 Ford pickup and almost took the '59 El Camino, but in the end I picked up the Polar Lights Coca-Cola VW Bug. Having already built the others long ago, I'm heeding the advice of Mae West: “Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.” :lol:  Some of you have pointed out the too-large taillights on that one, so I'll use the ones from the IMC Beetle.

Put the coupon towards a good pair of reverse-action tweezers, and got an 8-oz. can of Testors enamel thinner, marked down from $10.99 to $2.74. The cashier returned the coupon again, so I guess I won't be safe until after Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

Looks like a Deal's Wheels !

That's what I thought when I saw it on eBay but I couldn't remember if one had been kitted. So I took a chance that I was buying someone's old custom build and not just something that had been mass produced. The guy selling it had no info on it when I asked.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

5 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

That's what I thought when I saw it on eBay but I couldn't remember if one had been kitted. So I took a chance that I was buying someone's old custom build and not just something that had been mass produced. The guy selling it had no info on it when I asked.

Later-

All you would need is a set of Good boots and you would have it !

13ff4c4b1685296632a703f2cfb77e60.jpg

Edited by Mr mopar

16 hours ago, Captain Spaulding said:

Finally made it to my local Michael's today and was able to use the gift card I got for Christmas. With the card and a 30 percent discount only cost be $18 for the two.

20210225_135438.jpg

I'm looking forward to see your build on the County Charger

Latest eBay arrivals: '92 Corvette promo, which will become the third member of my "Polished White Plastic with Red Interior Corvette Promo Collection." 

And a '69 Cougar "junkyard lot" I got to be a chassis/engine/interior/glass donor for a '68 full-custom Cougar I'm planning. It turned out to be a complete kit with badly painted body, missing only tires. Maybe I'll strip the body and build it up as a second "switchers-style" body for the build. :unsure:

My wife wanted to browse Hobby Lobby again today, so I reluctantly took her there, LOL. They somewhat re-stocked the shelves, and I was able to finally grab the AMT '68 Camaro this time. I was undecided on getting another kit, even though there were a few I wanted another one of, until I saw the AMT '55 Chevy mismarked, I'm guessing, at $19.99. With the 40% off sale going on this week, I got both for 28 bucks and some change before tax. 

IMG_20210226_151657.jpg

Quick Hobby Lobby run before the 40% off voucher ends...got a couple of bottles of Testors enamel metalizers, a rattle can of their gloss clear, some green embossing powder that I might never find a use for, some clear plastic tube for fuel lines and the reissued AMT Model T kit

B94B8589-5057-4813-B986-FD6A45D3DE02.thumb.jpeg.8490d502b3f3e1c76b3df5a637dde15b.jpeg

Really impressed with the T kit - I figured it was the standard  2-in-1 deal but there’s actually enough parts to build two entire kits...wish I’d grabbed the other one on the shelf now!

New bodyshell arrived from Round2, the hood,grille and windshield have been sent in a different package, hopefully I'll have them soon, the second photo shows the difference between the early Lindberg body and the later corrected bodyshell.

IMG_20210227_113929_709.jpg

IMG_20210227_113929_710.jpg

I guess they soon realized it wasn’t a great idea!  How does that sand? 

Many years ago I was at a show with my friend Chuck. He held up a body like that from a dealer’s junk box, I took one look and told him he was better off starting fresh than trying to fix that mess! He took my advice and tossed it back... and eventually built his own!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...