Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Received a few days ago from Ebbro in Japan, a few years ago when they released their Renault 4L, I bought the extra bodyshell without the sunroof and the GTL parts, one thing I hadn't got was the decal sheets, as they weren't available back then.

20210302_111440.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

Got in the mail a fairly decent JoHan '69 or '70 Maverick promo. Complete, not bad shape except for a chunk missing out of one A-pillar. Here's the weird part: I haven't bought a Maverick recently. Haven't bought one for a LONG time. The postage label on the box says 9/26/2020. I vaguely remember buying a Maverick like this some time ago but I thought it came long ago. I certainly wasn't missing it. 

Neither "My EBay" or completed items go back that far. The postal tracking number isn't good anymore. I also don't have emails that I bid on it, or won it, or paid for it, or that it's been shipped, and I usually keep all those. 

A mystery. Guess I'll call it my Mystery Maverick. :blink: BTW if anyone would like to swap a Maverick Pro Stock hood for a stock flat one (which will be carefully cut out of this body), let me know. 

2 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Got me these to play with. To bad that neither one of the kits have nice rims. The Chevelle ones are really ugly. The Revell at least can be modified to some thing decent.image.thumb.jpg.d5aa3fc2bc6f826b301de6a8270d5bd6.jpg

I take it you like '67 Chevelles Anton. I'm a '66 guy but those '67's can be cool.

4 hours ago, GeeBee said:

After starting the KA Models Mazda K360, I fancied another weird one from 🇯🇵,  so I've just ordered this one. 

Screenshot_20210304-174809_eBay.jpg

Near a park where we hung out as kids in the 70s, we were exploring a creek bed. It went under ground into a culvert. Inside the culvert about 50 feet in was this little odd car. The Subie 360. I think someone either stole the car or abandoned it and drove it in there. Had we been smart, I think we should have pushed it out into the light of day and maybe took it home.

8 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

I take it you like '67 Chevelles Anton. I'm a '66 guy but those '67's can be cool.

Yea I do, but I like the ‘70 more. These will most likely be robed of their chassis and parts for other projects. 😉

Edited by Mattilacken

Probably be the last resin kit I will buy for a while as I have way too many other kits that have been in the box for many years.  However, this was on my wish list and Brad came through as always despite his his recent health issues.  It’s a full kit like the Daytona coupe.

6CE7316D-368F-4F20-9376-A0D5CEB89CFF.jpeg

8A7EAD14-2B27-425D-83DB-56F294A11668.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...